Chapter 3 - Wolfsbane and Hunter Hunting

Reyna made her way out of a back entrance of the school- no doubt she would get in trouble if a Teacher saw her. First day back here and her sister had gotten into a brawl and now they were skipping class to avoiding the crapload of questions, which she was sure would be thrown at them.

"We are going home already?" Isabella asked, at her heel.

"Why? You wanna stay longer?" Reyna muttered, looking down at her broken laptop under her arm.

"No, it's- never mind. Let's just go home."

Reyna stopped a moment, cursing the redhead for smashing it as she slid it in her backpack. She jumped as she looked up to see a tall man staring down at her. He looked, quite frankly, incredibly intimidating.

"Uhm-"

"I'm Damon," He told her. "Damon Salvatore."

Salvatore? It took a moment for her to recall the name of the Vampire that her Mother had warned her about. The fact that she had not immediately recognised his brother, Stefan, was beyond her. "Reyna," She said quickly, her late Mother's warnings ignored, "Reyna Williams."

"And you must be?" Damon turned his attention to the shorter brunette.

"Isabella." The girl answered with a furrowed brow.

"Ah, you're that girl who-"

"Gets into fights often, yes. Anyways, Rey, I am just going to walk home on my own." Isabella sent her sister a look, before hurrying away.

"Bella, wait!" Reyna called, but she was ignored.

Damon turned his attention back to Reyna, "Well, that's not awkward at all."

"I know you are a Vampire," She said, boldly. She wasn't scared of him, no matter how intimidating he tried to be.

"Oh, I am shaking-" He scoffed, "do go on and tell me another one of my dirty secrets that you might know, Wolfie."

She rolled her eyes, of course he knew she was a Werewolf. "Look, I don't know what you want or what your intentions but stay away- you Vampires are trouble." She had begun to walk away from him, but then felt an iron-tight grip on her arm.

"I want to make sure you're not another one of my problems. Your sister included."

Reyna growled, "You stay away from her or-"

"Or what? I'm a 181 year old Vampire and you are a newbie Werewolf- do tell me how you will rip me to shreds." He rolled his eyes. "Since she isn't a full Werewolf, she's the least of my problems- but you on the other hand." He paused, noticing her expression- half panicked about what he would do next and half determined to try anything to get away from him.

"Let's talk a walk, shall we?" He said, almost too sweetly, flashing her his dangerous smirk and his pupils turned dark.

"How about hell no?"

"Wasn't a request." He said, letting go of her wrist and wrapping a firm arm around her shoulder to make sure she didn't run off.

Reyna looked around before sighing- she saw no chance of escaping. He'd left her no choice but to follow him to the quieter part of the park.

~~~

Lilith gave a short laugh, "I'm sorry- what?"

Sanya took a breath, "This isn't the time."

"I see no better time. Reyna's not a Werewolf. She can't be."

"She can be."

"She can't be."