Chapter 6 - The Clatter of a Knife and a Call for Backup

Reyna blinked her eyes open, trying to get a glimpse of her surroundings. When she'd finally adjusted to the dim light, she noticed that she was in some sort of rusty, filthy cell.

The Werewolf hissed in pain as she tried to move from the chair- but she was tied to it. It turned out that not only were the ropes skin-tight, but there was Wolfsbane on the ropes, too. Her skin burnt when she sat perfectly still, never mind when struggled against the binds.

"Morning, Wolfie." A familiar voice drawled, and Reyna looked down, half wondered if he was some sort of psychopath. At this rate, it wouldn't surprise her.

"Ah, that doesn't look too good." He continued, looking to the red marks that had appeared on her exposed skin, "It's a shame, you actually looked good last night."

"Let me go." Reyna said, her voice strained.

"What was that?" He asked, scoffing. "Let you go and have the risk of more Werewolves coming after us? No, I don't think so."

Reyna only sighed in defeat. If only she did have a Pack.

"Someone sent you- I'm willing to guess Katherine, I know she did. Why else would another Werewolf appear in Mystic Falls JUST after Mason Lockwood showed up?" Damon said and pulled up a stool to sit in front of her. "And somehow she managed to get in that head of yours." He added, prodding the side of her forehead.

"I don't know any Katherine." Reyna choked out, the Wolfsbane's burning hurting even more. She should never have struggled as she had.

"Ah, here's the thing- playing dumb will get you nowhere."

"I told you, I-"

"Save it." He spoke, waving a hand in front of her face. "I do the talking and you'll only answer when I say." He said, turning and heating an iron rod from the torch, propped in the corner of the room.

Understandably, Reyna panicked, watching as he made his way towards her with the heated end of the rod.

"Now, why are you in Mystic Falls?" He began.

"I told you, I wanted a fresh-" but the rod came in contact with her skin. Reyna bit her lip as not to scream- but that was no use as he applied more pressure.

It was a good few hours later when Damon stopped. For a moment, he had actually felt sorry for doing this, but had quickly pushed the guilt away before slamming the door shut and making his way up the stairs. Behind him, he'd left an apparently useless (to him), badly burnt Reyna who passed out as soon as he was out of sight.

~~~

"We're going to be late- again, again." Lilith declared, marching into Sanya's room the next morning, "Also, have you heard from our dear Werewolf friend?"

"I had a stuffed plush of a wolf." Sanya muttered, barely coherent as she shoved her face back into her pillow, "Remember?"

"Yes." Lilith replied bluntly, pulling out her friend's clothes again and tossing them on the bed. "Kid, just get up."

"Later."

"It's not my fault you disappeared until God knows what time. Up, now. Have you heard from Reyna or not?" Lilith asked as she crossed to the window and pulled the curtains open.

Sanya snarled as well as she could so early but rolled over and checked her phone, "Nothing, she's probably still asleep."

"Probably." Lilith accepted. "C'mon, Za. You already skipped yesterday's classes-"

"How'd you know?"

"You literally told me. Wake up and come on."

"Midnight's gone." Sanya frowned as they left the house barely half an hour later.