Part 9

The day had finally come for me to drive to Orlando and see the famous Dreamwastaken in person. I am extremely nervous. Neither one of us have seen each other's face before. What if I show up and he thinks I'm repulsively ugly? I really need to calm down. Clay isn't the type of guy to judge his friends for how they look.
Friends.
We are just friends... right?
That question replayed in my mind throughout the entire three hour drive. I wonder if he's as nervous as I am?
Music really calmed my nerves, though. I've always loved driving and I don't mind road trips just for the singing sessions. My playlists always give me a rollercoaster of emotions though.

Shake it- Metro Station
Hearing damage- Thom Yorke
Cellophane- FKA twigs
Feels Like We Only Go Backwards- Tame impala
Sign of the Times- Harry styles
Etc.
Harry Styles never fails to make me ugly cry.

   I stopped at a few gas stations and stopped at a Taco Bell along the way. In the drive through I sent Dream a quick text.

Cara: idk if it's my sleep deprivation talking, but my road rage is GOING OFF today

Dream:
Stop texting and driving

Cara:
IM IN A TACO BELL DRIVE THROUGH FOR YOUR INFORMATION

Dream:
Okay okay
Just trying to make sure you don't crash and die before you come see me
No need to yell

Cara:
That's a very wholesome thing to say☺️

Dream:
Yeah, hold off of the crashing and dying until after you leave Orlando

Cara:

Dream:Hurry up and get here

Dream:
Hurry up and get here

Cara:
Okay yeah
Lemme just hit 110mph on the interstate real quick when I get back on it

Dream:
Thank you

     I quickly got my food and ate it in the Parking lot as I texted him. Nearly choked on my burrito AGAIN from laughing but thankfully i lived. That would've been not only an inconvenient way to die, but a hella embarrassing way too.

I was nearing close to Clays address and it said there was only 15 minutes left and not even music could calm my nerves.
Why was I so anxious?
It's Clay; the person I can talk to for hours on hours, and never get bored. Someone that I could always joke with no matter the mood.
Why was I nervous if for the past week and a half, I've gotten to know him so much. He probably knows me more than anyone else right now. 

The more I thought about it the more I calmed down.

    I finally pulled into his driveway. His house was nice and I could tell that it was fairly new. I sat there for a second in anticipation. 
Was this too soon?
Maybe...