Part 14

"Ahaha I love you," he said quietly but froze as soon as the words left his mouth.

Wait what?

I stayed completely still, looking ahead of me, but not at him, as he pulled away and backed up a foot or two. I could tell he was staring at me, trying to read my expression.

Maybe if I'm just very still, he won't even notice I'm here.
~~
Clays POV

His mouth opened and closed, trying to form the right words to fix whatever the fuck he just accidentally did. He didn't mean to say that. Obviously it's WAY too soon. They haven't even had the "are we dating?" discussion, but of course his mouth would betray him.
Did he really love her? Maybe.
He knew that the feelings he has for her are very strong, but does he love her? Is it too soon to even tell if he does?
Those were the questions he was asking himself. His mind raced and now of course he didn't know what to say.

He snapped out of his racing thoughts and turned his attention back to the girl sitting on his bedroom floor, wrapped in a blanket, and sitting very still. Too still.

Is she really fucking acting like if she doesn't move I won't notice her?

"Um..." He tried his best to form any words "I didn't mean to say that"
She finally looked over to him, her expression still unreadable. Shit.
"I um- I didn't mean it like that, you know" he tried to find the best excuse possible but it just seemed like he was talking out of his ass.
"I mean we haven't even talked about if we are even together-together... are we" he shook his head immediately "you don't have to answer that. It's too soon, I know. Just forget I even said a thing." He rambled.

She remained silent. Not saying a word, but holding eye contact. Her eyebrows pulled together for a split second at something he said, but her face still stayed the same.

It was her turn to open her mouth, but like how  clay did before, she closed it, deciding not to speak.

"Let's just go to bed."
He has never been so flustered before. He likes her so much and for now, he is praying that this doesn't ruin what they have, even if he doesn't necessarily know what it is yet.

She simply nodded in agreement and pulled herself to her feet. They stood there awkwardly for a moment but Clay quickly walked over to his side of the bed and laid down, pulling the covers over him. He turned so his back faced her and said a quick "goodnight"

He felt the bed beside him dip a bit as she followed his actions and heard a quiet "night"
In response.

He grabbed his phone from the bedside table and quickly sent a message to george in case he had any idea on how to fix it.

____

Dream:
GEORGE
IM SUCH AN IDIOT

George:
I know you are
But what did you do

Dream:
I MADE A BIG BIG MISTAKE
OH GOD

George:
Alright calm down
It's like 4 am for me
Stop yelling

Dream:
So Cara and I were messing around

George:
Messing around??😉