Recovery - Part 10

Draco was unconscious for two days after that. Eleanore had been mostly by his side the whole time, except for when the hunger pains grew strong, or when she physically couldn't keep her eyes open for a second longer. At those points, Madam Pomfrey insisted she rested. Eleanore was holding his hand when Malfoy woke, and she squeezed it ten times harder when he opened his eyes to look at her. She didn't know how to feel when his first words were "Is Katie okay?". Partly relieved, partly disappointed, Eleanore let out a sigh and nodded. "She's okay, Draco, she left the hospital wing yesterday." Tears began to fall down his pale, bruised cheeks. "I didn't mean to hurt her" he croaked. Eleanore shuffled up the bed and took Draco into a warm embrace, pulling his body towards her with fear she would lose him. "I know, Draco, I know."

When Draco was finally discharged, Eleanore was given strict instruction to return him to Madam Pomfrey if the deep cuts Potter had given him were to get any worse. As Eleanore escorted Malfoy to the Slytherin dormitories, she couldn't help but squeeze his hand tightly and keep him close to her at all times.
"Will you be okay to get yourself to bed?" Asked Eleanore, watching his every move. Draco looked at her tearfully and moved quickly towards her. "Please stay with me", he whispered, just inches away from her. He pulled her close to his chest and rested his strong hands between her shoulder blades. Eleanore wrapped her arms around his waist, but was ever so careful not to aggravate his wounds. "Of course."

Eleanore walked considerably faster than Draco and prepared his bed for him; pulling down his sheets and fluffing up his pillows. The pair slipped off their shoes and robes in perfect unison. Draco began to unbutton his shirt, and Eleanore felt her cheeks grow hot. She bit her lip hard to hold in any urges she had to kiss him right there and then.

And then, her eyes found his wounds. They had healed so much, but they were still so red and sore looking. Eleanore extended a finger and approached Draco as if he was an injured puppy. She gently traced the cuts and looked into his eyes apologetically, she swore to herself then, to never forgive Potter for this.

Draco swung his arms around Eleanore and pulled her towards him, ducking down slightly to reach her lips. Eleanore found herself on her tiptoes, kissing Draco with so much passion and desperation, it hurt. She could taste the salt from his tears on his tongue, and this just made her kiss him even harder. If this could take even an ounce of the pain away, then this is what she wanted to do. The pair fell to the bed and Draco began to slowly pull himself on top of Eleanore, one hand tangled in her curls and the other gripping at her waist. Eleanore's stomach burned with lust but she pulled away abruptly, noticing tears roll steadily down his pale cheeks. "Draco, you need to rest", she forced out, swept away by this display of passion. Draco released his hands from her and rolled onto his back. He leaned his head on her shoulder. "Thank you, for caring, Eleanore", he muttered.

They laid with each other in silence until Draco fell into a blissful sleep. She kissed his cheek tenderly before slipping into her robes and carrying her shoes from his room.

The next day, students were going home for Christmas. It also happened to be the day that Draco and Eleanore finished their work on the vanishing cabinet, but both of them had agreed to let the death eaters know after Christmas break.

Malfoy and Yaxley parted the Slytherin dorms together, both with trunks in hand. "How's your first term been, El?" Draco enquired. Eleanore laughed, "It's definitely been weird!" Draco nodded in agreement, "hopefully next term will be better." Eleanore looked at him coldly, how could he think it would get better from here? Quite frankly, Eleanore's first term had been an absolute shit show, but she knew it to be only the tip of the iceberg.

Draco swiftly apologised and took her hand in his as they mounted the Hogwarts Express together. They located a compartment with Crabbe, Goyle, Zabini, and Pansy Parkinson. Eleanore knew of Parkinson's long term crush on Draco, but she had spent so much time with him in the room of requirement, that she didn't regard her as much of a threat. Besides, Eleanore wasn't even sure Draco was "with" her. Yeah, they had kissed, and yeah, they had spent a lot of time together working on their dreaded task, but not much had been said about their actual relationship. Not that that was particularly important, anyway. Eleanore could feel Pansy's glare for the whole train journey back.

Once Eleanore arrived at Kings Cross, she darted straight towards her parents; Corban and Jennifer Yaxley. Conveniently, they were stood next to Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, so Eleanore knew she could say bye to Draco. Eleanore threw her arms around her mother, who now had visible grey strands in her dark brown hair. Eleanore's colourings were more like her father; sandy blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and a sickening paleness to her skin. Her father was some years older than her mother, which had always made Eleanore question whether she had just married for money. Corban Yaxley was a cold man, too, whereas Jennifer was warm. She had thought; however, that you had to have some extent of coldness to faithfully serve the dark lord. Perhaps it was a defence mechanism, even?

After hugging both of her parents, Eleanore turned to Draco who had now directed his eyes from Narcissa's smile to Eleanore. The two students hugged each other in a bid of farewell. "Promise to owl me?" Eleanore playfully nudged Draco's arm. "I promise", he spoke, as he turned from her and left.