Malfoy Manor - Part 16

With the ear-piercing crack, the three slammed their feet into the white, marble floors of the Malfoy Manor parlour. The black netting of Bellatrix's dress was dancing through the air as she spun around, celebrating the downfall of Dumbledore. Her wand was pointed up into the air as the menacing chuckles poured from her lips. Corban Yaxley looked down to his daughter, relieved to feel her chest pulsating slowly as she steadily breathed. She had sustained a small head injury from her fall, but Corban had speedily used a healing charm to stop any bleeding.

Narcissa Malfoy appeared in the door way, pulling Draco to her chest as she sighed in relief. "Draco, my boy." She muttered into his platinum hair, her red lips perched gently on his forehead. With one look at the unconscious Eleanore, she placed a hand on Corban's arm, looking deeply concerned. "Is she okay, Corban?" She questioned, being ever so fragile with her touch.
"Yes, she is okay. It was just all too much for her."
Mrs Malfoy lead the two up the gigantic stairway and into a spare room with a luxurious four posted bed and black cotton sheets. Draco had followed, for he wasn't going to leave the young witch's side.
Corban rolled his daughter onto the soft mattress and brushed the blonde curls from her eyes. "Let me know when she wakes up, Draco."
Draco nodded, and took his seat next to her, taking her hand in his.

Downstairs, Bellatrix had called upon the dark lord to arrange a meeting and discuss the future of the ministry.
The group gathered round a large dining table, adorned with black, wilting roses and the finest of silverware.
"Scrimgeour will take his place as the Minister of Magic soon enough," started Corban. Bellatrix hissed in response.
"We'll kill him, we'll kill them all!" She roared with laughter.
The dark lord fixed his black, beady eyes on Corban,
"Am I right in thinking, that Miss Yaxley could not complete her task, Corban?"
A sharp pain conjured in his stomach, the fear he felt for his daughter was almost too great to conceal.
"Yes. She fainted, from stress I assume. I must ask you, Lord, to go easy on her. I fear she will not make it."
Voldemort's stony lips formed into an evil smirk, which only intensified the fear lying in Corban's stomach. The next few moments of silence felt far too long for him.
"Very well. Draco and Eleanore have proved themselves just enough...for now...in the meantime, Bellatrix, you will assist with the freedom of any death eaters which are currently incarcerated at Azkaban."
An evil smile seemed to fill her face, her brow was crossed as she licked her lips menacingly.
"We shall infiltrate the ministry", continued Voldemort, "Corban, you will cast the imperious curse upon Pius Thicknesse...we will have complete control."
Bellatrix howled from across the table, making Corban jump in his seat.
"As for Harry Potter. He will not live. I need him found and brought to me...Lucius, I will need your wand."
Lucius looked towards the grey wizard, a look of disbelief and unfairness. Before he could spit out his words, the dark lord spoke.
"I believe...your wand's core is Dragon's heart string."
Lucius nodded silently. His would be the wand to kill Harry Potter.

Eleanore awoke that night, and as her eyes flickered open, her attention was pulled to the unfamiliar sheets and bed posts. As she instantly began hyperventilating, panicking over her whereabouts and what had happened since she last saw Albus Dumbledore, a familiar hand reached over and touched her stomach gently. A light flickered on, finally illuminating the dark room. "Shh, shh, it's okay, it's okay." Eleanore snapped her gaze to Draco's soft, sleepy eyes, instantly relieved to see his comforting figure. Eleanore worked quickly to slow her breathing, and Draco pulled her into his chest and rested his lips on her forehead. Eleanore grasped at his shirt as if she was holding onto her life. "It's okay, you're okay." Draco repeated softly into her messed up curls, which his fingers were now tangled in. The pair lay together for a short while, before Eleanore finally pulled away and dared herself to start asking questions.
"What happened?" She started, scared to hear the stories.
"You fainted."
She playfully punched his chest and giggled softly.
"I know that, you dingus." She muttered. "What happened after."
Draco's expression grew sad, and Eleanore's heart rate almost doubled with fear.
"Snape killed Dumbledore...then Bellatrix apparated us here."
Eleanore realised she didn't know where "here" was, she had become lost in the fact that Draco had his strong arms around her, keeping her safe. Wherever Draco was, she didn't care for the exact location, yet still she pulled herself to ask.
"And where is here, exactly?"
"Malfoy Manor. My home."
"Oh. Is my father here too? I think I remember seeing him at the astronomy tower."
Eleanore could feel his muscles tighten as he pulled her closer. There was no distance between them anymore.
"Yeah, he carried you here. He's probably in one of the spare rooms right now."
"Bloody hell, how many rooms are in this place?" Giggled Eleanore.
She could feel a smile form on Draco's lips, which were rested on her soft hair.
"I don't actually know."
Eleanore could feel the sorrow wash over her like a powerful wave in the midnight ocean. She felt safe now, for she was held close to Draco, and the cotton sheets were blanketing them like some sort of luxurious safety net. She wasn't sure she would feel this safe for much longer, but this just made her want to cherish it as much as she possibly could. She knew the dark lord would come for her, with a task possibly even worse than the last. Draco had been relieved of his mission to kill Dumbledore, so she dreaded to think about what he'd ask him to do next.

The next morning, Draco lead Eleanore carefully to the parlour, where her father was stood with his back towards them. "Dad." Eleanore muttered, tears pricking at her eyes. Corban spun on his heels as his mouth opened wide. His eyes looked so sad and blood shot as he opened up his arms to invite his daughter. Their hug lasted a few moments, until Corban grabbed Eleanore's shoulders and pushed her away firmly, levelling his eyes with hers. "Of all my years of serving that beast, I've never been more scared in my life." Eleanore placed a hand on top of his and rested her cheek on the other. "Where's mum?"
"I've had to place her into hiding. I don't want her getting too involved with all of this. Oh, god, Eleanore. I never wanted you to get too involved either. I am so sorry, my sweet girl."
Eleanore was crying now, the sympathy she felt towards her father was so fierce. "Dad, dad, it's okay. You did what you had to do." They embraced each other in a hug once more, Corban's tears were dampening her hair and she could hear his rapid heart beat.
"The dark lord will be leaving both of you alone temporarily. But I promise you...I promise you, I will protect you with every fibre of my being from now on."
The relief Eleanore felt from hearing this could not be formed into words. As the tears streamed her rosy cheeks, she turned towards Draco, who was leaning against the door frame with his hands stuffed into his pockets. He too, looked relieved.
"Are we going home, Dad?" Eleanore asked, not sure if she even wanted to go home.
"No, sweetheart. We'll be staying here with the Malfoys this summer. That way, it will be easier for us all to do business. We can't go home for a while, sweetheart."
"But...but, my clothes. And my toothbrush, and-and, flopsy."
Eleanore felt her cheeks grow hot with embarrassment as she referred to her stuffed rabbit; a toy which was bought for her at birth, and had remained her most reliable companion ever since.
"Narcissa has brought you a very fair wardrobe sweetheart...and a toothbrush. As for Flopsy, darling...I'm sorry."
Eleanore frowned, and felt pathetic doing so.
"Which room will I be staying in?" Eleanore hoped the answer would be Draco's, but she also highly doubted the thought would ever cross Corban's mind. She was 17, and Draco only 16 after all.
"The room you were in last night, my dear."

Upon returning to her new room, Draco's hand in hers, Eleanore noticed that her bed had been lovingly made and a few piles of clothing had been left for her. She was surprised to see a few reds, pinks and yellows dotted amidst the mostly black clothing. She thumbed the expensive fabrics gently, feeling incredibly welcomed into the home. Draco was standing just behind her, his gaze fixed onto something else; the pile of underwear - expensive black knickers with lace and a few bras too. Eleanore noticed the blush in his cheeks as she playfully nudged him. "Pervert." She muttered, half with laughter. Draco was jolted back into reality. "Oh, um...sorry."
Next to the piles of high quality clothing, laid a carefully folded note.

I've always wanted a daughter, so I had fun picking these out. I hope it's all good enough.
Much love, Narcissa
X