Sectumsempra - Part 25

The next day, Eleanore was beaming with excitement. She had finally gained a sense of importance in her generally miserable existence as a death eater. Draco couldn't quite match this excitement, however, which annoyed Eleanore slightly.

"I'll go to Neville during break, to let him know I'll help him with his potions essay." Draco gave Eleanore a worried look, before piling his plate with food. To her dismay, Pansy had been listening in from a few seats down.
"Well, well, looks like your little slut really has moved on, Drakie."
The word 'Drakie' sent shivers down Eleanore's spine, and she had to shut her eyes tight and think of something else to stop her from lunging from her seat and breaking Pansy's nose again. This distraction caused her to lose sight of Draco, who had left his seat and was marching his way over to Pansy, his fists clenched tightly at his sides.
"Draco, stop!" Yelled Eleanore, making sure not to gain too much attention from staff.
"She's not worth it, Draco."
He stopped in his stride, his jawline clenched as he looked behind him towards Eleanore with pleading eyes. He slowly turned back, allowing Eleanore to revel in the fear sprawled across Pansy's face.
"I don't know why she's being so annoying this year." Draco growled as he sat down next to the young witch. Eleanore placed a calming hand on his arm under the table, to which Draco leaned in and brushed his lips against her ear, sending pleasuring shivers down her spine.
"Be careful, El."
Eleanore smiled at him, finally feeling the concern deep within her bones.

Break time rolled around quickly, and Missy and Florence walked with Eleanore through the damp, rainy courtyard. It was there that she found Neville, looking distraught sat under a tree; his knees tucked tightly under his chin.
Eleanore ran towards him, but he flinched at her touch.
"Oh my god, Neville, are you okay?" She grimaced with emotion as she watched a tear fall down his cheek.
"Luna's been taken." He spoke, with barely any energy to his voice. Eleanore could feel her face contort with grief and Missy placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. She knew exactly who had taken Luna...her father, no doubt, was involved.
"Missy, Florence, can I have a moment alone with Neville, please?"
The girls nodded in agreement and walked off, allowing Eleanore to take a seat next to Neville in the wet grass.
"Please, Neville, let me help you, you have no idea-"
"And you have no idea, do you? Death eaters took Luna, and here you are, a death eater yourself, asking me to let you help?"
"I understand, Neville, but-"
"You don't understand though, do you? You can't be trusted, Eleanore."
Neville stood, furiously, and marched away before Eleanore even had the chance to find her words.

It was at that moment, that Eleanore decided she would do everything in her power to protect Neville and his army; to prove that she could be trusted.

Later that day, Eleanore and Draco were kept behind in their Transfiguration class. McGonogall delighted them in light conversation before Amycus and Alecto finally entered the room, immediately dampening the tone, like a dark storm cloud on a sunny day. Eleanore could feel her eyes roll in disgust.

"Ah, there you are!" Spoke Amycus, an unpleasant smile forming on his lips.
"You two are going to help me with punishments tonight. Shall we get going?"
Eleanore felt her body froze in fear, and the glance she received from Draco confirmed for her, that he was just as scared.

The journey to their office took far too long for her liking, and when they finally entered, they were greeted with two first years sitting slumped in chairs. Amycus seemed to float as he walked towards them. He pointed first to a small, blonde haired boy, whose hair reminded her vaguely of Draco's.

"This, is Daniel Peabody. He was late to class this morning...and this, is Marcus Bones. He was caught outside his dormitory last night, at exactly 6:01pm."

Amycus wandered slowly to Draco and Eleanore, who were both stood proudly in the corner, much to their own dismay. They were doing everything in their power not to appear weak or afraid in front of the Carrows. Eleanore felt the knot in her stomach tighten as Amycus towered above her, a little too close for her taste.

"Miss Yaxley, I'm sure you know what's expected of you two this fine night." Amycus sighed at his last words, looking far too pleased with himself.

"Does it have to be the Crucio curse?" Inquired Eleanore quickly, an idea forming in her head.
Amycus looked shocked at her willingness to be involved. She could feel Draco's confused glare on her skin.

"Why, do you have something else in mind, Miss Yaxley?" Eleanore shut her eyes tight, willing herself to say her next words.

"I was thinking, Sectumsempra. That way, it will leave a scar...a sort of souvenir, if you will." She felt her bones quiver at the sound of the first year boys' whimpers, still facing away from them. An audible gasp fell from Amycus' lips, and an evil smirk formed on his ghastly face.

"Well, well Miss Yaxley. You really are a death eater aren't you?" Eleanore felt like throwing up at these words. She promised Draco good acting skills, and that is what she would give him. She straightened her posture and walked slowly to the boys, beckoning Draco to follow her.

"Yes, Amycus. Once I have cast the curse, we will escort them to their dormitories. No hospital treatment required...as part of the punishment." Eleanore forced a smirk to her face, the nausea almost overwhelming her. She drew her wand, and pointed it to the young boy in front of her, making sure her spare hand would brush against Draco in the motion. She needed him to follow her lead.

"Sectumsempra." She spoke, coolly, directing her wand in a way that the curse only brushed against the young boy. It still caused him a great deal of pain, however, as he grasped at his arm and cried out. Thankfully, Draco did the same. Eleanore stood, silently, for a few moments, looking down at the first year, refusing to let his cries stifle her facade. It was then, that she took him by the scruff of his robe, and carried him out from the office.

"It has been lovely seeing you, Miss Yaxley." Spoke Amycus, allowing the pair to exit calmly. As soon as that door was shut, Eleanore finally allowed her tears to stream, and her and Draco found themselves running with the two first years. They all stopped in a dark, silent corridor, and Eleanore crouched down to level her eyes with theirs.

"I am so, so sorry. Oh my god, I'm taking you both to the hospital wing."

The boys looked terrified of the young witch, as she looked at them through her tear stained eyes.

"B-but, you said, th-"
Eleanore shut her eyes as she cried, the pain almost unbearable.
"Please, please understand, that if Draco and I did not just do that, it would have been A LOT worse." Daniel and Marcus nodded reluctantly, still grasping at their bleeding arms. As they heard footsteps nearing, Draco threw his arms around the 3 of them like a shield and ushered the group towards the hospital wing.

They didn't leave for the Slytherin common room until both the boys had received adequate attention from Madam Pomfrey. By that time, Eleanore had cried rivers, and Draco was exhausted from the mental aptitude.

"Bloody hell, El. You weren't kidding."
"Of course I wasn't...now the Carrows trust us, we can take the punishments into our own hands. We won't have to hurt children anymore, Draco."

It was at her last words, where Eleanore found herself falling to the nearest wall, slumping down into an emotional wreck, her knees tucked under her chin. She was sobbing now, uncontrollably as Draco blanketed her with his arms.

"Hey, El, your plan worked, you've potentially just saved so many kids."
"They all think I'm a monster, Draco." She groaned through her teeth, the tears swelling her eyes.
"You are NOT a monster, El. I know you're not a monster." Eleanore sobbed into Draco's robes for some time, before she conjured the energy and will to stand. Much like her reaction to accidentally killing Moody, Draco had to essentially carry her back to the Slytherin common room, helping her up the stairs and standing in the doorway to make sure she could get herself into bed alright. He fixed his eyes on hers in the darkness of the room, and smiled lovingly down at her tear stained cheeks before leaving for his own bed.