Veritaserum - Part 32

Eleanore and Draco were now sat, nervously, at the desk of Amycus Carrow, watching apprehensively as he played with his impressive collection of knives.

"So...what's your excuse?" He spoke menacingly, leaning himself forward on his elbows. Eleanore thought fast.
"I-I just wanted to see my mother...in the mirror of erised."
To her horror, Amycus let out a blood curdling laugh.
"You lie well, Miss Yaxley. But not well enough."
"B-but, I did."
"She just lost her mother, Amycus." Spoke Draco, sternly, only for him to be greeted by a knife point to the throat.
"And you wanted a group of what, 20 or so, students to see her too, did you?"
At this, Eleanore was stuck. She had hoped that her excuse would allow them to be separated from the others, giving her the opportunity to convince the Carrows to hand the punishment over to them.
Her plan did not work out.

When Amycus drew the knife tip from Draco's throat and sat down, an audible sigh of relief escaped her lips.
"You're not getting away that easily, Eleanore...you will tell us what you were doing, or we will kill you both."
"You can't kill me!" Interjected Eleanore, leaping forward in her seat slightly.
"The dark lord gave me a mission and it's a mission that must be carried out til the end."
Amycus looked immediately defeated, and he groaned in dissatisfaction.
"Very well, have it your way, Miss Yaxley."

Alecto lunged forward from behind them, grasping Eleanore's chin in her bony hand, squeezing her cheeks together to force her mouth open. She pulled her neck backwards, forcing her gaze towards Alecto, and poured a suspicious looking liquid down her throat.

"What the fuck is that?" Draco gasped, flustered in his seat and unsure whether to break Alecto's grasp on Eleanore.
"Language, Mr Malfoy!" Spoke Amycus, taking too much pride in the scene in front of him.
"It's veritaserum. No doubt you're familiar with it."
Draco sprang from his seat, forcing Alecto's hand from Eleanore.
"You're giving her too much, goddamn it!"
Eleanore's neck snapped forwards, and she coughed and spluttered some of the liquid back up, wiping her mouth as she shot an evil glare towards Amycus.
"Let me try that again...WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT?"
The anger in his voice resonated through the whole room, startling the two students.

Eleanore resisted, as best as she could, she could feel the words forming in her mouth, but she bit her tongue hard. The sweat had begun to prick at her temples and she could feel her body tremble as she forced the words back down her throat. She looked nervously to Draco, who had now wrapped his hand around her arm in an attempt to comfort her. Eleanore felt like she was drowning, slowly, as the words seemed to bubble in her throat. She let out a desperate gasp of air, and to her dismay, she spoke.

"We were teaching the younger years."
An evil smile played on Amycus' lips.
"And what were you teaching them, exactly?"
"Defence against the dark arts." Eleanore had given up resisting, for she new she could not win.
"How long have you been teaching the younger years?"
"A few months."
"And what are the full names of the students assisting you?"
"Draco Malfoy and Neville Longbottom."
It was at these words, that Eleanore fell limp. Her hand clasped over her mouth in shock of what she had just said.
"Enlighten me, Miss Yaxley...were you and Draco actually punishing all of those students, like we asked you to?"
"No."
She had begun to cry, causing Amycus to laugh at her.
"Pathetic...just like your father."
The anger immediately possesed Eleanore's being, and she found herself lunging across the table towards Amycus, reaching for his throat.
"Eleanore! Stop!" Cried Draco, desperately trying to pull her from the desk.

Suddenly, both Draco and Eleanore found themselves bound with thick ropes, and they both toppled to the floor with imbalance. Alecto had cast the incarcerous spell.