Skirmish - Part 42

(A/N) I have paraphrased a few quotes from the movie in this part. Those quotes are not my work.

Eleanore spent the next few days desperately attempting to settle into her life at Malfoy Manor. Much to her annoyance, Draco remained relatively insensitive to the situation, and Eleanore's heart ached in her chest with every mention of Luna's name. She had insisted that she would be the one to deliver warm meals to the hostages, and drinks whenever they wanted one. Draco, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with it.

It was a dark night, devoid of star light, when Eleanore heard the familiar, blood curdling cackle of Bellatrix Lestrange come from downstairs. Eleanore jammed her feet into her doc martens, making her way swiftly downstairs to see what the commotion was about. To her horror, she immediately recognised the girl who must have been Hermione Granger, and the ginger boy she had seen on her first day of Hogwarts. Ron Weasley. The third boy who accompanied them, had a disfigured face, and Eleanore struggled to identify him as she walked apprehensively into the centre of the room, connecting her hand with Draco's. The three Gryffindors were shoved onto their knees, and Bellatrix looked maniacally towards Draco.

"Come on, Draco. Don't be shy. Take a look and tell us if it's Harry Potter."
Eleanore could feel Draco's body shaking with fear as he left her side, inching himself closer to the disfigured looking boy. A few moments of tension passed, and Eleanore angled herself so she could see Draco's face, which was now distorted with confusion as he stared into the puffy eyes in front of him.
"I- I can't be sure." He spoke, finally. Bellatrix released a dissatisfied grunt from her lips, and motioned to Narcissa, urging her to force the two boys down the stairs and into the basement.

Granger was now the only one left from the trio, and she remained kneeling on the floor as Bellatrix circled her slowly. Suddenly, Granger was thrown to the floor, and Bellatrix was on top of her, straddling her, with evil spilling from her eyes. Eleanore jumped when she heard the thud of Hermione's back connecting with the floor.

Bellatrix begun asking questions about a sword, something to do with Godric Gryffindor. Eleanore figured it must have been a horcrux, and for this reason, Eleanore stopped listening, for she held immense hope that the trio had a good handle on the horcruxes. Her blood turned cold, however, when she heard the word "mud blood" spill from Bellatrix's lips. Eleanore quickly folded her arms, forcing herself to look away, and she grimaced explicitly when she heard Bellatrix cast the Crucio curse on Hermione.

The screams which followed, were enough to force even Draco to look away, and Eleanore felt her body relax when he slid his hand into hers. She closed her eyes tightly, allowing a singular tear to fall down her cheeks.

When the terrible howls of pain finally came to a halt, Eleanore willed herself to look, and she couldn't help but let out a sharp gasp in horror of the barely conscious witch, lying on the floor with the word "mud blood" carved brutally into her arm. Eleanore tightened her grip on Draco's hand, as Bellatrix requested Wormtail bring her the goblin, who she now knew as Griphook.

Thankfully, Griphook's interrogation wasn't as heavy handed as Hermione's, but this didn't hinder Eleanore's burning want to help Hermione out and use a healing charm.

"Who stole it? WHO STOLE IT?"
Griphook's expression remained unchanged as Bellatrix neared her face to his.
"I must insist, Bellatrix, the sword is still in your vault."
"Well, it must have disappeared on its own then!"
"There is no place safer than Gringotts, Miss Lestrange."
"LIAR!" Bellatrix howled, skimming her knife across the Goblin's cheek. Impressively, Griphook still remained unmoved.
"Consider yourself lucky, Goblin." Whispered Bellatrix, before walking slowly over to Hermione, causing Eleanore's body to stiffen once again.
"The same won't be said for this one."