Never Alone - Part 14

Eleanore barged through the portrait door into the Slytherin common room, disappointed to see that it was empty. She was supposed to be in her Care of Magical Creatures class, but she had way more important business to attend to.

Abandoning all sense of the words moral and decency, she hurried up the stairs towards the boy's dormitories, finally locating the blonde haired wizard. She let out a huge sigh of relief as she leaned exhausted against the door frame. "For merlin's sake, Draco, there you are!"
"Please leave, Yaxley."
Draco didn't even look at her, his eyes were fixated on the wall opposite him, and there was an uncomfortable iciness in his voice.
"What do you mean, leave? Draco has your father -"
"I said LEAVE."
This time, he had stood up and spun around to face her. There was rage behind his words and his brow had angled. She had never seen him this angry before. Eleanore felt like falling to her knees at this moment, but she maintained her calm, cool composure and reminded herself that she was Draco Malfoy's match.
"Stop being so irrational, Malfoy."
She finally replied, almost growling.
Draco lunged towards the young witch, grabbing her arm and pushing her from the room. He took the door in his free hand and looked sternly into her eyes. "I just need to be alone right now. Come back tonight or something."
Eleanore suddenly felt herself becoming very angry. The butterflies she usually felt whenever Draco was around, were now lions hunting for prey. As Draco attempted to slam the door on her, she jabbed her foot. She winced in pain as the door slammed forcefully against her toes, but now was not the time for her to be in pain. Draco hadn't realised his efforts to lock her out had failed, and he stormed back to his moping position on the bed. Eleanore angrily walked in front of him as she felt the frustration burning in her face.
"Have you lost your fucking mind, Malfoy?! Have you forgotten everything?! I don't know, maybe you've forgotten that I, too, am a fucking death eater, and this damned task is weighing down on the both of us?! Do I have to be the one to grit and bare it?! Do I have to be the one to remain calm?! Dammit, Draco, I can't do this on my own, please don't make me do this on my own."
With her final words, her anger turned to pain and sorrow. Tears were erupting from nowhere and she suddenly found it hard to stand. She collapsed next to Draco, determined not to pass out or throw up.

The two slytherins were looking away from each other, both experiencing internal battles. Eleanore had always admired her father for the countless sacrifices he had made on his journey as a death eater. He didn't like to express it, but Corban Yaxley was an emotionally tormented man, and yet, a great father to the young witch. He stood strong in the face of hardship, and he was the one to teach Eleanore to "grit and bare."

Draco's hand soon enough found its way to Eleanore's, and as he squeezed her fingers, his head slowly turned towards her. His eyes displayed the most apologetic, sorrowful glaze.
"I would never make you do this alone, you know."
Eleanore wiped the tears with the sleeve of her robe, nodding slowly. "I know." She replied.

The pair stayed silent for a short while, both of them enjoying the moments of peace they figured could be their last.

"So has Lucius replied?"
"Yeah. They come tomorrow night."
Eleanore shivered. The thought of having to kill Dumbledore tomorrow pained her more than words or actions could ever express. She took a deep breath, hoping she would inhale her last ounce of strength through her damp lips.
"Draco?"
"Yeah?"
"When this is over, can we please just run away?"
Draco smiled at the young witch, for he had never properly considered the prospect of running away. Mostly because nobody was there to facilitate the idea. He had nobody to run away with, and he was fed up with the constant loneliness.
"El, there is nothing I want more in this world than to run away with you right now."
With Draco's words, Eleanore felt a sharp stabbing pain in her stomach. She was terrified of there being no chance to run away. Just like her father, Eleanore and Draco were bound to the dark lord forever.

Unbeknownst to Eleanore, Draco had also tried so hard to remove the dastardly dark mark. They both had scrubbed it raw in the showers, and they both subconsciously would pick at their left forearms throughout the day. The dark mark was not going away, it was not going to fade. They would be death eaters forever.

After a few moments of silence, Draco sprawled his limbs across the bed. He was exhausted. Eleanore lay next to him, at first just gazing into his soft, grey eyes. Draco's arm slithered over her waist and he planted his hand firmly on her back, pulling her close to him. Eleanore could smell the peppermint toads on his breath, as well as that familiar aroma of oud wood and green apple; a smell that now made her stomach burn with lust. His warm breath warmed her pale cheeks, as she traced her fingers across his jawline and through his hair, pushing their foreheads together. They kissed, passionately, but quickly, their lips hot with desperation. She had missed this, as had he.
"So, where are we running away to?"
Draco smirked, a smirk she hadn't seen in so long.
"I don't know, we could go anywhere. Where have you always wanted to go?"
Eleanore flipped herself onto her back, so she was facing the ceiling, thinking carefully about her answer. Draco's hand was now gently laid on her stomach, and he had begun to trace his fingers slightly around her torso.
"I've always wanted to go to France."
Draco chuckled,
"So our kids are going to Beauxbatons then?"
Eleanore snapped her head around to fix her gaze on Draco. Her cheeks grew hot as she watched Draco purse his lips, clearly with some regret.
"You want children?" Eleanore questioned, intrigued.
Draco blushed slightly, and his mouth turned upwards to a cheeky smile.
"Yeah, someday. Do you?"
"Yeah. Someday."