Missing lollipops and a case

Washington DC, USA
Navy Yard, NCIS office
8:53

McGee is sitting at his desk reading a letter while Ellie is walking, with a burrito in the one and a coffee in the other hand, to her desk where she finds a printed paper without name or signature under a freshly doughnut. She takes the paper into her hands and read it. Meanwhile Torres came into the office and walks over to Ellie's place where Ellie have read the paper to its end and she folded it and put it in her drawer. After that she wants to eat the doughnut, but now she sees an envelope which she opens and read. Torres is now sitting behind her; he also got a letter. Suddenly they hear Gibbs and Jack who are jokingly arguing. “What exactly happened now?”, asks Gibbs laughing. “What happened? Somebody had stolen all my red lollipops! Who of your team members were yesterday evening here?”, asks Jack enraged. “Why? Do you really suspect one of my team members?” “Why not? Who else would come into my office, empty the glass, take all red lollipops and put the rest back into the glass? Leon?” “Or you forgot that the red ones are empty?” McGee starts a conversation with Ellie and Nick: “Bishop, Torres, did you also get an invitation to Tony´s and Ziva´s wedding?” “Yes, they want to move to DC.” “Stop talking about Ziva and Tony, we've got a case!”

Washington DC, USA
Somewhere
9:38 Am

McGee is talking to Park Rangers, Torres is taking photos, Ellie analyzes the setting and Gibbs is with Palmer, who is testing the victim. “Time of death?” “It´s difficult to find out because he was in the water. But I think that he died in the last two days.” “And cause of death?” “I think the knife wounds at his body. But this can only be more precise when I have performed an autopsy.” “Gibbs, I may have found something!”, Ellie shouts and Gibbs comes to her. When he arrives, Ellie shows him a bloody knife, which she has found in a bush. She bags the knife and resumes analyzing the crime scene.

Washington DC, USA
Navy Yard, NCIS office
10:56 Am

Ellie, Torres and McGee are sitting at their desks doing research when Gibbs comes in: “Update!” "Petty Officer 3rd Class Victor Pie, born and raised in Spencer, West Virginia." "He had a couple of juvenile records for breaking and entering and shoplifting." " He was a top athlete and could have gotten a sports scholarship. But he decided to join the Navy before he graduated." "He was quite popular in the Navy." "Okay. Anything else?" "We know from his comrades that he got into some kind of gang trouble." "We're still trying to find the gang." "Okay, let's get to work!", Gibbs says and walks to the elevator while Ellie, Torres and McGee get back to work.