A Nighttime Chapter Since 12-3 am is Superior

Quick A/N, I made dnf fanart lol and it's the pic above. Not that good, but I'm a writer, not an artist. That's it, enjoy the chapter.

Dream never made the bed. Dream waited until three in the morning to do the dishes. Dream didn't lock the door when he took a shower (I found out the hard way). Dream was far from the best roommate I could have possibly chosen to marry. It felt more like I was taking care of a child. He forgot to eat all the time, forgot to drink, and I had to remind him every hour, and he even had the tendency to fall asleep in random places. Including draped over me and Sapnap when we were watching TV.

But that wasn't even the worst of it. The worst was that he was a literal sloth throughout the day but absolutely exploded at night like nine packs of fireworks launched at the same time. And he didn't calm down until only a few hours before the crack of dawn. At first I didn't mind. My internal clock was still running on London time. Not only that, but I already had the tendency to stay up all hours of the night. But I was never as hyper as Dream was the moment the night owl in him woke up. And as soon as I got used to Florida time, I grew tired of Dream and his frantic bouncing off the walls.

Sapnap never stayed this long with Dream either. Heck, they never even slept in the same house together until now. He was always the first one to crash between the three of us, but his peaceful sleep never seemed to last long before Dream found something so insignificant absolutely hilarious and woke him up again. And because of that, Dream and I had to be in our bedroom by midnight.

"Are you high right now, Dream?" I asked as we laid in bed. I watched him scroll through his phone and wheeze at videos of cats fails.

"No," He said. "You'd know if I was high. You're practically attached to me."

"Not really." That was a lie. But there was nothing else to do. Sapnap was always attached to Dream as well. It wasn't our fault that he was the only one with the power to do anything here. Neither Sapnap nor I could drive, we didn't know where anything was, and we didn't have any way to play Minecraft aside from Dream's computer. And Dream wasn't very keen in letting us borrow.

"Hey George, I had the weirdest dream last night," He said, putting his phone away. The light emitting was the only light aside from the streetlights seeping between the blinds. I could now only barely make out his outline as he laid down.

"What was it?"

He chuckled before he even started telling the story. "You were riding a chicken."

"What the heck?"

He laughed. "Yeah! And you had, like, a crap-ton of diamonds on you that I wanted. I had to chase you around until I pulled out a bow and arrow and killed your chicken."

"Did you get the diamonds?"

"Yeah, but it was really hard to get."

"Yeah, that's really weird." I looked to my left to see the digital clock. It was three in the morning; thankfully around the time he finally started calming down.

"Do you remember any of your dreams?" He asked. It came off as a more disembodied voice as I could barely see him. I turned over to face him, and I could tell he was facing me as well. I could feel his intense stare cause the hairs on the back of my neck to shoot up.

"No."

"Oh. How's your sleep been?"

"If I'm being honest? Not that great."

"Oh. Why not?"

I tried looking into his eyes despite not being able to see anything aside from the soft honeydew glow of his outline.