I Love You, To a Certain Degree

Sapnap: Dream and George are getting married lol

Bad: WHAT
Bad: OMG SINCE WHEN

Sapnap: Lmaoooooo since a year ago. You are so late.

Bad: O.o
Bad: Dream and George are together? Forreal?

Watching Bad freak out over Dream and I getting married was the most form of communication I had gotten in hours, and I wasn't even texting back.

Sapnap: No, they're trying to get George his green card. I'm a witness for their wedding, but they need another one.
Sapnap: You available anytime within the next 70 days?

I waited for Bad's response. He kept typing and stopping, typing and stopping. The three dots disappeared and reappeared about four times before he sent his reply.

Bad: AWW OF COURSE!!! I'd be honored!

I sighed in relief despite already knowing Bad would be coming. There was just that tiny little thought in my brain the size of an atom reminding me of the 0.1% chance of Bad saying no that wouldn't stop pestering me. But now it had dissipated.

But he sent another message.

Bad: Can Skeppy come?

Dream: No.
Dream : This needs to stay between us. You can't tell anybody, okay?

Bad: :(
Bad: Okay :3

I put my phone down after that and spun Dream's gamer chair around to face the window, and when my phone buzzed, I didn't even bother to read it. The sun had risen to the highest degree it could. It could only go down from there.

Dream had been attached to Sapnap since our little argument. I knew it wasn't a big deal. All I was wondering was why his parents couldn't know. It was a reasonable question, right? They're inevitably going to find out anyway. Might as well tell them as soon as possible. By now, I was sure he was over it. He moved on from conflict faster than anyone I knew. We had arguments before, and it was always him that moved on first. He'd usually just message me a funny picture he found and laugh about it like nothing happened.

This time shouldn't be any different. It had been a few hours now. I bet he and Sapnap were watching a movie without me downstairs, and they were laughing and having the time of their life as if nothing even happened this morning.

So why was it so hard for me to just go down there and sit with them? I had this deep seated feeling in my stomach. Something that wouldn't go away no matter what. I tried adjusting the way I was sitting but it didn't change anything. It wasn't like it hurt or anything. It was more of a sensation. A tingly sensation that only made me ever feel bad. Like I did something wrong.

But I didn't. I had to remember that. It was a fair question. I didn't mean to upset him.

But I still did, and that was the issue.

I sank farther down in the seat before slinking down and out of the chair entirely. I had to talk to them. It was eating away at me like a parasite. I didn't think I'd care so much about apologizing, especially when I did nothing wrong.

But I kind of missed him.

I swallowed my pride, but it went down like a rock. I didn't do anything wrong, I was just going to apologize to move on. Just so he thinks I accept that what I did was wrong.

Each step was like dragging two anvils behind me, and I kept having voices in my head telling me to just go back and make Dream come to me.

But I waited three hours, he was not coming up.