From Then to Now

K quick break from the story becuzzzzz LOOK AT HOW CUTE THIS ART ISSS!!! RosealinaHeart (it's the same on all platforms I'm pretty sure) made it :,) it's from the scene like three chapters ago I think??? Where George confronts Dream about Sapnap. It's amazing isn't it?
If you guys ever wanna make fanart of anything related to this fanfic, go for it! But if you post, plz credit my story plz and thx <3
Anyway, back to the sad boi hours!!!

I slept alone.

For the first time in two and a half months, I slept alone. Back in August, I was waiting for this day. The day that I could finally sleep by myself. I had slept by myself for twenty-three years, and I thought sleeping alone now would be just as comfortable. But it wasn't. Fifty days later and the thought of sleeping alone all just seemed like a nightmare. And now that it had come true.

Never did I miss waking up in the middle of the night to Dream's back right up against mine because he did not know anything about personal space. Or how I could feel him pulling at the blankets. And how on some mornings, I'd feel him pull the blanket back up over me before getting up and leaving the room.

Now it was empty because he never came back. I woke up to the sun creeping over the neighboring houses and the bed empty. Not even Patches laid by my legs. The silence was eerie. Not even the fan spun above me. When I turned to my left, all I saw was the break of Dawn seeping through the open blinds of the window. I was alone.

The house was as quiet as ever. My breathing basically echoed off the sleepy walls. Everything was still asleep. It was barely seven in the morning.

I tried not to think about where Dream was. He said he was going to the park, and I was going to trust his word that he was there. I wasn't going to think about how highly distressed he was last night, and how he already had the tendency to speed when no one was around. He wouldn't just die on me, would he? No, that would be too cliché.

Nevertheless, I still had to shake the thoughts from my head. He wouldn't do that. Not when I asked him not to. But how much power did my words actually have over him?

No. He was a grown man. He could handle himself. There was no point in worrying when what was done was done. Anything that happened happened. With the best of my mental strength, I pried any thought of Dream out of my head because, frankly, I didn't want to think about it at all.

Still, the fight manifested itself in my mind like a leech. It sucked every other thought in my brain so that I was pretty much forced to think about it. No amount of distractions could take my mind off of it. I still couldn't quite process what happened. It all escalated so fast that I had no time to truly prepare. I didn't even have time to think before I was pressed with yet another burning question.

About another hour had passed when I heard the front door crack open. I had been scrolling through my phone in the living room, and I nearly dropped my phone at the sound of the door opening and the sight of Dream putting his cat down on the wooden floor.

"Dream!" I said a bit too eagerly, jumping up to my feet, "Where have you been?"

"The park, like I said." He shut the door and ran a hand through his hair.

"All night?"

"Yeah. Relax, I've done it before. Patches and I slept in the back seat of my car."

"Why didn't you just come home?"

He sighed, "I didn't want to. Now are we getting married or not?" His eyes looked tired. The usual glow his eyes usually emitted had dimmed and the corners weren't wrinkled because of his usual smile. I tilted my head to the side.