28

~Aurora's Pov~

It was the next day, they weren't back yet.. I was worried but Judith was keeping me distracted. Taking care of her and making sure the rest of us were okay.. Oliver and I walked out of the cell block. I was holding Judith, Beth was already making her bottle, Carl was helping her out.

"How old is the baby?" The woman asked as Oliver and I walked over to Beth and Carl. "Barely a week." Hershel said. "To be honest, we never thought we'd see another baby." The woman said, I heard her voice getting closer to us. I felt a hand on my back and I looked over to see her looking at me and then down to Judith. "Beautiful." She said. I gave her a soft smile, "Thank you.." I said softly. "How are you feeling?" She asked. I looked at Beth then back at the woman. "She's my sister.." I said softly, "Where's your mom?" She asked. We all looked away from her and Beth shook the bottle. No one said anything but she understood. "I'm sorry," She said.

"Cmon," Beth said, putting a hand on my back as the woman walked away from us. "Man, you people have been through the mill." One of the guys said looking at me holding Judith as I walked by him. "Haven't we all?" Hershel asked as Beth and I made our way back to the cell block. The door closed behind me and I looked back to see Oliver and Carl on the other side of the gate. "I'm staying with my dad." He said nodding a bit looking at him. "I'll be in there in a sec." He said nodding too, giving me a soft smile. I returned it, "Okay." I said. We backed away and went our separate ways.

~Later on that same day~

Dad just got back with the rest. I stood up quickly holding Judith, looking at Glenn who was beat up, bloody and bruised. I looked at my dad too and he walked up to me. "Hey," he said and hugged me as I held Judith. I closed my eyes as he held me. "Are you okay?" I asked as he kissed my head, "I'm alright." He said and looked down at Judith. Oliver and Beth went up to Maggie quickly. We pulled away and I looked at him.

"Do you wanna hold her?" I asked. He nodded a bit looking at her. I handed Judith to him and looked around noticing Daryl wasn't here. Judith started crying as soon as my dad held her. Her crying, he looked off while he held her. I put my hand on his arm and he looked at me. "Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded and handed her back to me, I held her and he started walking away from me, "Daddy wait," I said catching up to him. He looked back at me and stopped walking.

"Where's Daryl.. And Oscar?" I asked. He shook his head slightly, I felt my heart drop slightly. "What..?" I asked softly, not wanting to believe that they were gone.. "Oscar was shot.. Daryl-" He said and shook his head slightly. "He's alright.. We ran into Merle. They left together." He said. "Merle??" I asked confused. "Yeah.. But he's alright." He said looking at me, ".. But he left.." I said adjusting my grip on Judith. I looked down at the floor and furrowed my eyebrows again.

Daryl left us?

I swallowed the lump in my throat feeling my chest grow heavy knowing he was no longer with us. I heard my dad sigh then he walked over to me. I can't believe he left us, after everything we went through together.. He put a hand on the back of my head and pulled me into him. He kissed my head again and rubbed my back, "He left?" I asked again. He rubbed my back a bit more and rested his cheek on my head. I clicked my tongue feeling angry at him but also really upset. I pulled away from my dad angry and went upstairs to my cell still holding Judith in my arms. Carl quickly came after me and followed me upstairs. I sat down and put her in the box we had set up for her then sat down on the bed.

Carl sat down next to me, "He'll be okay.." He said putting his hand on top of mine. I kept looking at the floor. "He knows how to survive.." He said. I shook my head, biting my lip. "Yeah I know he does. But that's not the point." I said looking over at him. He looked at me too. "He left us. And he's not coming back. Not if he's with Merle." I said.