Part 1

Henry and Joey sat at a cafe drinking coffee, trying to come up for the new characters for their studio. "Okay, I've found a place for the studio, and tomorrow we are interviewing a bunch of people for jobs their, now all we need is a mascot." Joey said.
Henry sat with his panicked and paper, thinking. Other cartoons he could think of were Mickey Mouse, Felix the Cat, Betty Boop, they were all basic creatures or humans. Henry wanted something different, something new.
Not and animal, but not quite human either. But what could he make then? He sighed. "I just don't know." Henry said.
"Think, it could be anything you'd want it to be, any size, and creature, just make it appealing to people as a cartoon character. Don't ask me about designs, hell if I know anything about it." Joey said.
The last sentence Joey said echoed in Henry's mind. Hell if I know anything about it. Hell. Demons!
Henry squeaked when the idea popped into his mind, making Joey look at him weird.
He set his pencil to the Paige and designed a sort of bean shape. He added a circular head. He then added a neck, but it didn't look right, so he made the head floating the tiniest bit above the body. Then some legs and arms.
Henry tapped the pencil against his cheek. Should he have shoes? And maybe gloves, or no gloves? Henry designed a few different pairs of shoes and boots, and designed some hand and different types of gloves.
He showed Joey his sketches of the different verities of the small demon. "Which one do you think?" Henry asked. There was one with the demon in dress shoes and fancy white gloves, Another with sneakers and no gloves, and the last one, with gloves similar to those of Mickey Mouse, and black boots.
"I could mix it around even more, but personally, I like this one the best." Henry said, pointing to the one in black boots.
"Yeah sure, do that one then." Joey said. Henry took a different piece of paper and drew the little demon again, in the black boots and white gloves.
Something was missing. Did he need a nose? Nah. A tail? Maybe not. Henry sighed. Clothes of some sort? Maybe a shirt, or shorts. No.
Henry looked up at Joey, who was tightening his tie. "Hmm..." Henry squinted at Joey, then got an idea. He put a white bow tie on the top of the demons body, since he had no neck.
"Perfect." Henry said. Joey looked over. "Yes, that's nice, we need to go to the studio to assign jobs, I need you to help me pick the people, I'm not the best judge of character." Joey said, standing up.
Henry paid for their coffees and they left, the drawings clutched in the young animators hands. Now he just needed a name.
As the two walked back to the nearby studio, Henry looked down at the little demon. "What kind of name do you think for the character?" He asked.
Joey just shrugged. "A creative name, something no other cartoon character will ever have." He said. Henry thought for possible names.
Maybe he'd get inspiration from his surroundings, he usually does. Henry looked around the sidewalk and the buildings beside it.
He sighed. Maybe he'd look for a name later. He followed Joey inside of the studio, and they sat down at his office.
Joey poked his head out into the hall at a line of people that were doing job interviews. "Okay, first up can I have a Grant Cohen come in for the interview?" Joey called.
A strong looking man stepped up and nodded to Joey. "That's me." He said. "Come in for your interview." Joey said.
Grant walked into the office. "Have a seat please." Henry said, gesturing to a chair on the other side of Joey's desk. Grant sat down.
"So you are here for the job of accountant, correct?" Henry asked. He sat on the windowsill while Joey sat at a comfy looking chair.
Grant nodded. "I've looked at some of your files, and I must say, you're very good with math. Why do you think you should get this job?" Henry asked.
Grant thought for a minute. "I'm always on time and never stop until the work is done, even if it means staying late at work." Grant decided to say.
They asked Grant a few more questions, and he had smart answers for all of them. "Alright, we'll call you later and tell you if you got the job." Joey said.
"And I think you'd be happy to know, you're probably going to get it." Henry smiled at him as he nodded and walked out.
Next was a short blonde musician. Sammy Lawrence. They asked him some questions, but he wasn't as great with answering them.
"Do you think you'll have patience with the people in the band?" Henry asked. Sammy scrunched  his face and shrugged. "I'm not the most patient man, and if I'm being honest I don't have the best temper when I get ticked off, but I do really try." Sammy said.
"Thank you for being honest, we'll call you and tell you if you got it later." Henry said. Sammy nodded, then left.
This went on for the rest of the afternoon, and lots of people were interviewed. Joey and Henry picked the best people for the job then called them.
As they were looking at all the files of the people, Henry blankly stared at one. This one was Ben Dicher's file.
He didn't get the job he applied for, but Henry couldn't stop staring at the name. "Did Ben.U and Ben.D both not get the jobs? I can't remember." Joey said.
"No they both didn't." Henry said. He stopped talking and stared at Joey for a second. "Ben...d? Ben...dy?" Henry muttered.
"Are you okay?" Joey squinted at the animator. Henry suddenly stood up and slapped his open palms against the table. "BENDY!" He shouted. Joey looked concerned.
"That's What the little cartoon demon should be called, Bendy!" Henry announced. Joey nodded. "Seems like a fit." He said.