ℍ𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤

"Because I already gave up on her, Elka."

I just stared at her with my eyes wide and lips apart. 

Seeing my face, she nodded before saying, "I think it's just hopeless, Elka. Amy loves Ash."

"Wait. How can you be so sure about that? Did she tell you that?" I asked, trying to figure out what I had missed. 

"If you love someone, you don't need words. The eyes, chico, they never lie." She gave me a faint smile.

"Ok, Al Pacino, got it. But that's sorta inappropriate in this context. So tell me, did she tell you that she loves Ash?"

"As I said, Elka, Amy didn't tell me. I know it from the way she looks at him. Do you think that I'm saying this whole thing is hopeless just because she went to talk with him?" Zinnia asked to which I tilted my head with confusion. "That day when we were at the ground, I noticed Amy stealing glances at Ash when I was talking to her. Ash caught her looking at him and maybe it urged him to talk to her. It was for sure that they were missing each other."

"So that's what happened," I muttered under my breath after a few seconds of silence. "So you just gave up?" I asked her, the last two words coming off as mumble but Zinnia caught that. 

"Yeah, what else can I do? I don't want to hold onto something that hurts me. Sometimes, it is better to let go of things, even if it's the air that helps us to live but can also choke us to death," she said, taking a sip from my frappuccino. 

I nodded my head. 

"You're fine, right?" I asked.

"No." She shook her head. "My wound is still fresh and open."

I sighed as I placed her frappuccino on the table. 

"I'm sorry," I said. "It's because of me you started to get close with her. It was me who gave you high hopes which made your heart drop from a peak. I shouldn't have pushed you in the first place. I'm really sorry, Zin."

"Why do you have to apologize, Elka? You just did something that anyone, who wants to see her friends happy, would do. You know that I have feelings for Amy and also Amy isn't happy with Ash. You took an effort to make both me and her happy by shipping us. But sometimes, things won't go the way we plan and it's quite normal. So stop saying fucking sorry and give me back my frappuccino. It's been in your hands for an awfully long time."

I chuckled at Zinnia before leaning back on my chair and saying with a smirk, "I kinda like Peppermint now."

One and a half hours passed with me and Zinnia roaming around, trying out some clothes and playing games. Lily called us to let us know that they finished shopping and to meet them at Burger King. 

While walking towards Burger King, Zinnia pointed out at the entrance of the mall, calling out Danish. My eyes followed the direction she was pointing and saw him at the entrance. As soon as Zinnia called out his name, he looked at us with a grin on his face. Our eyes met for a split second before he darted his eyes from me. He walked towards us, smiling and not to mention, he was only looking and smiling at Zinnia. 

"Hi. How are you doing now? I heard you weren't feeling well yesterday," he asked, standing in front of us.

"I'm okay," Zinnia replied, smiling. 

"Where is Andrew and Lily?" he asked.

"They are at Burger King. They asked us to meet them there," she said.

"Ok then, let's go," he said to Zinnia and came in front of us and started to walk. 

Zinnia nodded and looked at me with a puzzled face once we were behind him.