ℙ𝕣𝕒𝕪𝕖𝕣𝕤

It was past eight and me and Danish got out of Whoopee. We had our dinner from Pizza Island at the food court and planned to take a night walk in the park. 

Danish parked his bike and we walked towards the park. Night walk in the park was something I always enjoyed. I used to do it with my dad when he was free, which was rarest of rare. Zinnia and Lily would cringe upon the idea of a night walk whenever I put forth it. They think that it was totally useless. As if they had done it before!

As of now, I was taking small steps towards the fountain with Danish by my side. During the night, the park was usually a bit cold. I let the chill breeze engulf me, making my body shiver and teeth chatter slightly. I pulled the sleeves of my sweatshirt all the way down, hoping the sweater paws would keep me warm. Danish had his hands tucked inside his jeans pockets to keep himself warm. He was wearing a denim jacket after all. 

We walked from the entrance to the fountain in silence. Neither Danish nor me uttered a word all that time. But the silence that we shared wasn't awkward at all.

We were enjoying that moment of silence, the cold breeze, the golden lights from the tall lamp posts showing us our way in the darkness, the full moon that made the night even more beautiful and above all, our presence on each other's sides. 

We stood in front of the fountain and I fished out two coins and held out one to Danish. He looked at me and scoffed before saying, 
"Don't tell me you believe in this, Elka."

"I do," I said, deadpanned.

He averted his gaze from me and looked at the streaming fountain in front of us. 

"You see those coins?" I asked him, catching his attention and pointing to the coins that laid underwater here and there. 

"Those aren't just some coins thrown by some people who blindly believe in something that's unreal for you. Those are hopes and wishes of some people who are in difficult times of their lives, hoping their sufferings would come to an end as they want nothing but to be happy. Those coins hold prayers of many who believe that someday, someone will cast a miracle over them and their life. And is it that bad to have some hopes for your own life?" I said, looking at him.

He looked at me as if he was seeing a halo above my head. He nodded his head before saying, "You're right."

I nodded.

He took the coin from my fingers. 

"Alright then. Wish for some miracle," he said to me and closed his eyes.

I smiled at him before closing my eyes and wished. 

I wished for my phobia not to be true. I didn't want to live alone. I didn't want to live without knowing what love was and how it was to love someone and to be loved by someone. I wanted to live by loving the people who saw my true colors and still chose to be with me. I wanted to spend my life with someone who loves me as much as I love myself. I wished everything would come true to life. 

I opened my eyes and threw the coin into the fountain. I turned my head sideways to see Danish still praying with knitted eyebrows, holding the coin close to his chest. I saw a stream of tears rolling down his taut cheeks that glistened under the full moon. I was taken aback seeing him like this.