Chapter 38

Adriana's POV:

"Hey Maddie what's up?" I ask

"What do you two do for a living?"

"I've told you Maddie."

"No you've lied to me both of you have. You're supposed to be my best friend and he's supposed to be my husband and I don't even know what you guys do. I can't be with Nik knowing he has all these secrets." she runs her hands through her hair

"Then break up with him." I shrug

"Why are you so insistent of breaking us up? We're soulmates! Are you still in love with him?"

"I was never in love with Niko. As for why I don't want you two together it's because you're abusive."

"I don't hit him anymore! I'm doing better to be a good wife and mother!"

"You shouldn't have been hitting him. You also don't deserve a second chance."

"Just tell me what you do!"

"We're in the Russian mafia." I blurted out

"I'm being serious Adriana." she said annoyed

"Oh God you're telling the truth." she cried when she saw I wasn't joking

"Don't blame Niko he wanted to tell you but I told him not to."

"Why?"

"It's mostly for your safety. If people knew you knew they'd kidnap and torture you. I didn't want anything to happen to you. It's also not any of your business."

"Can't you just leave?"

"I guess we could but that wouldn't be fair to our family."

"How?"

"Well Aleksandr wouldn't have anyone to pass down the mafia to. If I don't become leader all of the time they spent training us to take over would be for nothing."

"Oh God Aleksandr is the leader. You guys are mafia bosses. Does your dad know?"

"Yeah he used to be head of the Italian mafia before Enzo took over."

"You're a mafia family? What about Tyler?"

"He's head of the American Mafia."

"Jesus who else knows?"

"Well Greyson, Luis, and Gabriel are involved in Tyler's mafia."

"So I was the only one who didn't know?"

"Yeah cause you couldn't be trusted. The only reason I told you now is because I don't care anymore."

"You're not even sorry!"

"I can't go around announcing my involvement in the mafia. I owed you nothing. You're not my friend so why would I say anything to you?"

"Our friendship is over." she spat before getting up and leaving

I just sat there in shock.

After everything she's said and done does she really think I care about our so called friendship

After a while I decided to eat before going back to work.

One month later

My week ran out and Aleksandr took over again. I've been working nonstop with the wives. We finally figured out where he's going to be and Alek was kind enough to let me deliver the kill.

I'm in his bedroom. Stupid fuck left his window open. I've already killed all the members of his inner circle a couple hours ago. He's currently in the shower and I'm sitting on his desk waiting for him to get out.