Chapter 49

Adriana's POV:

I get home with Osorin and look to see if my Diablito his home. I check the bedroom, the bathroom, and his office but find no trace of him.

I sigh and slump on the couch. If I knew I'd be this bored I'd just hangout with gramps longer.

I decide to go up to my office and work. What Dad doesn't know won't hurt him. I decide to call the Japanese and break the news about Xander and his daughters engagement.

"Hello Ronin." I greet

"Hello Adriana to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Well I need to talk to you about some news I heard."

"What is it?"

"Your oldest daughter is engaged to my brother and they're expecting." I braced myself for a reaction

"Ahhhhhhhh I'm gonna have a grand baby!"

I giggle at Hideyo's reaction

"This will complicate business. Her marriage was meant to ease a century old war with the Chinese. I expect compensation for this or you'll make an enemy out of us." he said angrily

"Of course I understand but they do love each other and maybe this can forge a bond with the Italians."

"I don't really care for you Lombardi's but seeing as we find ourselves in this unfortunate situation I'll give my blessing for my daughter. They are still enemies of my mafia. I won't forget what they've done because your brother impregnated my daughter."

"Xander has no involvement in their mafia."

"Oh it's him. Why would I allow him to be with my daughter. Your own father disowned him. It's known that Alessandro doesn't care about him."

"Isn't that better? I'll vouch for my brother which makes him a friend of the Russians. You won't have to worry about them over stepping because they had nothing to stand on."

"I'll allow this if you can guarantee I don't have to deal with the Italian mafia."

"Are you disowning your oldest?"

"Of course not! I sent her to the United States to study not get pregnant by our enemy." He hissed

"Well I can try to work out that arrangement on my end. Will you be okay with the child having a relationship with the family? My father may hate Xander but he's still close with my brothers. What I can promise now is that it won't have any part in the Italian mafia."

"I can live with that."

"Perfect! Also I got in trouble so I'm not allowed to do business. I do ask that you trust my second in command Nikolai to continue trade until I'm back."

"It's enough I allowed your brother to live, now you want to rearrange our agreement!" he shouted sounding frustrated

"If it were my choice I'd continue to supervise the trade offs but my father Aleksandr has the final say."

"Fine but something goes wrong it'll be on you." he hung up before I could respond

Well that went better than expected

Since I had nothing better to do I decided to hang out with my best friend

"NIKOOOOO!"

"Shut the Fuck up!" he barked

"It's like 3 how are you asleep?"

"The twins had a nightmare so I stayed up watching movies with them."

"Awww poor babies."

"So do you need something boss?"

"No this isn't business I want to hang out with my BFF cause it's been a while."

"Sure I'll be there in an hour."

"Okie dokie." he grunted a bye and hung up

By the time I finished shower and got dressed Niko was here

"Hey Nikolai!" I hugged him

"Hey JJ! What do you wanna do today? Street racing? Fighting?"

"Uhm dad basically grounded me and if I get involved in stuff I'll hear them bitch again." I said embarrassed that I'm 21 and kinda grounded

"What did you do to get yourself grounded?"

"I got fucked up with Yuri at dad's house cause I thought he was away on business. Then I lied to gramps and great uncle Vladilen. I had a popsicle with gramps so we're cool now. I also got dad to agree on buying me a new house."

"Damn and they didn't beat your ass? Those popsicles are life saving." He joked

"ANYWAYS I HAVE AN IDEA!" I yelled in excitement

"Does it involve using your inside voice?"

He asked and I flipped him off

"Well when I swore omertà, I vowed to get my owl tattoo before taking over. Based on that alone I can't take over, so let's go get my owl."

"I'm down but where?"

"Russia."

"Moscow?" he questioned

"Don't you listen when adults talk? When the mafia was first created the leader at the time and his second command got their tattoos in a tattoo shop in Saint Petersburg. It became a tradition for successors and their under boss to get tattooed an owl. I already have a sketch ready I've just been waiting for some free time to get it done."

"Sorry I'm not a fucking nerd but let me see your design." I rolled my eyes and went into my camera roll

"Shit thats fucking nice! Where are you gonna get it?"

"On my ribs!" he burst out laughing

"It's huge and has color along with lots of details. It's also your first tattoo and you want it on one of the most sensitive part of your body?"

"What can I say I'm a masochist." I shrugged

"Are we getting similar tattoos like dad and Al?" he asked

"Do you wanna cause I have a similar design."

"Nah I'm not big on color but I do have a design I drew a while back. I was gonna get it done but Uncle Sergei said it's insubordination for a second to get it before the leader."

"Yeah that's an offense punishable by death. I'm glad you didn't cause I don't think I'd be able to execute my best friend. Let me see the design though."

He showed me a picture on his camera roll and I instantly loved it

"That's awesome! Let's get the private jet ready and disappear!"

"Like old times."

"Like old times." I repeated

We took off with our wallets and the clothes on our back

•_•

Are you excited to see their tattoos?

I might change it from the trash polka design from the original version to give it more meaning. I also might change the placement of the tattoo. I haven't decided yet.

Comments?

Thanks for reading

Mwah 🛫