3| Sweet tooth

Chapter 3: Sweet tooth (Claire's POV)

I sat on the bed, staring off into space. 

He took my phone away. 

I winced, rubbing my neck. That still hurts. I wonder if he just did that to put me to sleep or just snap a bone in my neck. I put my head back against the headboard and grabbed the remote, flicking through the TV. 

The door was pushed open and Leo walked in. "Your dad's calling." He threw my phone at me and stood at the door. 

"Can I get a minute?" I asked. 

"No, cause you'll convince him to get you out of here. And I only get paid if I keep you safe. Which will never happen if you get out." 

I rolled my eyes and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?" 

"Claire, how are you?" he asked. 

"Is that a joke?" I asked. 

"Sweetheart, I told you to cooperate with him," he sighed. 

"Cooperate with him? Dad, he clamped his hand over my mouth, threw me in a car, and put me to sleep," I said, all the while glaring at a smug-looking Leo. 

"It could have been done a lot smoother if you just listened," he replied. 

"I give up," I scoffed. 

"You're going to stay there with him until things get a little calmer." 

"And how long is that?" 

"I don't know, it could be a while." 

"How long is a while?" 

"More than a few months, honey." I threw my head back at the headboard, grabbing my sore neck immediately. "Sweetheart-" I hung up before he could give me any more excuses and tossed my phone on the bed. 

I tied my hair up loosely in a bun while trying to find the point so reduce the pain. How the hell did he find it so quick? 

"It's not that hard to find," he smirked. 

"You did this to me," I glared. 

He rolled his eyes before walking over and sitting beside me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me up, making me sit straight. I looked anywhere but at him while he shifted closer. "You're gonna have to look at me, as much as you hate me, the feeling is mutual," he said. 

I turned to him, crossing my legs and scooting forward. 

"You're gonna have to get closer than that," he replied. I scooted forward a little. "Closer," he ordered. I glared at him before scooting further back, pulling my knees up. "Really?" he deadpanned. He grabbed my ankles and jerked me forward, pulling me closer to him. 

I resisted cursing at him while he lifted his hand and placed it on the back of my neck, his thumb behind my ear. I looked down at the bed while feeling his gaze on me. His finger trailed along my skin before settling on the back of my neck. 

"It might hurt," he mumbled, "Just a bit." 

I looked up at him and- oh my god. His eyes. Were they always like that or am I just noticing because we're sitting that close? They were hazel but had so much green. And so much blue. And so much brown. They were just hazel. But they were beautiful. 

He pressed down on my neck and I winced. "Ow," I grabbed his arm, eager to pull it down. 

He pulled away slowly, eyeing me wearily. "Good?" he asked. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding before nodding slowly. His eyes scanned my face before he stood up, grabbing my phone with him.