27| Cuddles

Chapter 27: Cuddles (Claire's POV)

I was lying in bed, almost crying from my cramps. I was right, I got my period. Flynn finally woke up and was downstairs with Leo. I had Ace up here with me, Max stayed downstairs. I was trying to get cuddles and Ace was very happily giving them to me. The door wasn't closed so when I looked down, I saw Max running in. 

"Look at that, your brother climbed the stairs, now you go," I patted Ace's back, "Go to Leo, go, go." I set him down and he ran down, slowly taking one step at a time. I picked up Max who cuddled me just as nicely. The door was still open, it's not like Ace could close it on the way. 

I heard them talking and it was louder than earlier so they were closer to the stairs. "What?" I heard Leo asked. 

"Yeah, she's probably in bed with cramps or something. Cuddle her." I listened as Flynn talked. "It worked with Aesha." 

I bit back a laugh and tried going to sleep so I could get some rest when Leo walked in, Ace trudging behind him before he closed the door. "Does that work?" he asked. 

"Does what work?" 

"Cuddling you?" 

I shrugged, "It might. I've never been cuddled for cramps before," I mumbled into the pillow. 

He picked up Ace and put him on the bed before lying down beside him. "Does it hurt that bad?" 

I nodded. 

"Do you want a pain killer?" 

"Already had one," I mumbled. 

"Do we have to cuddle with the puppies here?" I nodded again and he sighed in frustration. He put an arm around my waist and locked his legs with mine while Ace and Max fell asleep between us. 

"It's like we're parents," I chuckled sleepily. 

"I would not raise a kid like this," he replied. 

"I would. Why wouldn't you let your kid sleep in your bed? It's adorable." 

"And it makes it ten times harder to get them to sleep on their own." 

"Oh, whatever," I said dismissively, "I would cuddle my baby." 

And then I must have dozed off because next thing I know, I'm waking up to the dogs gone and Leo fast asleep beside me. I lay there with my eyes closed for a while before I absentmindedly began running my fingers through his hair. 

"You know what, Claire?" he mumbled. 

"Leo?" I asked but he didn't say anything. 

Is he talking in his sleep? 

"I think." Then there was silence for a long time. He was talking in his sleep. "I think I'm falling for you," he said sleepily before his grip around me tightened. 

"Leo, are you awake?" Nothing. My fingers lightly brushed his cheek before I kissed him lightly. 

He kissed me back even in his sleep before stirring awake when I pulled back. "What? What happened?" he asked, alert and looking around. 

"Nothing," I chuckled. I decided not to tell him that I had heard what he said in his sleep. 

He can tell me that when he's wide awake and willing. "What time is it?" he rubbed his eyes. 

"It's two in the afternoon," I answered. 

"This is why I don't take naps," he groaned, "I get all cranky afterward." I chuckled before pushing the covers off of my legs and slowly standing up only for him to pull me back down. "Where are you going?" he asked.