35| Promise

Chapter 35: Promise (Claire's POV)

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. I heard shower water running and the dogs whining. I rubbed my eyes open and went into the bathroom, lightly knocking. I saw Leo sitting there on the shower floor, in his swimming trunks, giving them a bath. "Hey," he grinned, a pile of foam sitting on his head. 

I laughed while rubbing my eyes, closing the toilet lid, and sitting on it. "What are you doing?" I asked. 

"They were stinky," his nose scrunched up before he continued cleaning them. "Wanna help?" 

I shrugged, "How about I just help with the drying today?" I chuckled. 

He shook his head while smiling before washing the dog shampoo off of them, which god knows when he bought. "Number one," he said while handing Ace over to me. 

I grabbed him in the towel and dried him off quickly and properly while he rinsed Max. Who was falling asleep under the water. While Ace was eager to run away as far as possible. I chuckled before drying under his chin and behind his ears before kissing him and setting him down. He shook himself before running out and downstairs. 

"And number two," he said, giving me Max. I repeated the same and then left him with a kiss as well. I tossed the towel in the hamper and waited for him to rinse himself off. He did and then turned the water off and wrapped a towel around the face, throwing his trunks off underneath. 

"I'll wait outside," I said while standing up. 

"What about number three?" he smirked. 

"Number three is a big boy," I smirked before getting out and closing the door behind me. I took that time to brush my teeth, wash my face, and then get started on making some breakfast. 

Flynn came and joined me and then Leo came downstairs moments later on the phone with someone. "Will five pm be all right?" he asked, "All perfect. I'll drop by then, thank you," he said before hanging up. 

"Who was that?" Flynn and I asked in sync. 

"Nobody," he shrugged before walking over to me and kissing the side of my head while making himself a coffee. Flynn and I looked at each other then at Leo. Something's cooking. 

"What are you up to, brother?" Flynn asked him. 

"Nothing, why are you guys looking at me like that?" he laughed in response. Flynn and I looked at each other once again, knowing that we were thinking the same thing. He's up to something. 

"Where are you going at six?" I questioned. 

"Um- I uh- I have someone to meet. Work stuff, just it's nothing. It won't take more than an hour," he shrugged. 

"An hour is a long time," I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"I'll be back before you know it, don't miss me too much," he smirked before kissing me. 

"Save the PDA," Flynn mumbled before going and sitting on the couch. 

He pulled away and looked down at me. "Babe, where are you going?" I repeated. 

"Nowhere, babe," he laughed, "I promise, it's nothing bad." He pecked my lips before I handed him his plate and we all sat and ate on the couch. Where the hell is he going? 

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Flynn grabbed my wrist and pulled me down for the third time. 

"I wanna see where he's going. We should follow him, Flynn," I whined. 

"No, we should listen to him and just sit tight till he gets back," he huffed.