33| Surprise

Chapter 33: Surprise (Claire's POV)

It was a little past six and Flynn had gone to drop Aesha home while Leo stayed here with me, seemingly in a mood. Not in an angry, pissy, frustrated mood. In a different kind of mood. 

I was unloading the dishes when he decided to come up behind me and start trailing kisses down my neck. "What is with you today?" I asked, without turning around to look at him. 

"Claire," he sighed, "I want another night," he whispered. 

I giggled, "Greedy, aren't you?" 

"You have no idea," he replied. 

I turned around and faced him, eyeing him for a minute. "You're in a very major mood, sir," I teased. 

"Trust me, I know," he huffed, running his hands over his face. 

"You want another night? With me?" He nodded. I narrowed my eyes at him, "Why?" 

"Because um- were you there last night?" I bit down on my bottom lip to keep from laughing. I'll never get tired of watching him plead and beg. It's a rare sight. "Please," he whispered, leaning in closer, his lips finding my jaw. 

I pulled back and sat up on the counter. "You're gonna have to be a little more convincing," I smirked. 

"Fuck that," he scoffed, rolling his eyes. He leaned in and captured my lips in a heated kiss. Before he could anything else, the doorbell rang. 

"Luck just isn't on your side," I chuckled, pushing him aside and going to the door. I peeked through the window and saw- dad?! 

"Who is it?" he questioned. 

"It's my dad," I cleared my throat. 

"You can't answer it." 

"Leo, it's-" 

"I know it's your dad, but you can't answer it. Claire, he has people following him everywhere. I can't have him leading people to you." 

"Then why would he come?" 

He huffed, "I don't know. Just go upstairs and do not come down here." 

"Leo, I'm-" Scared. I was genuinely scared. 

"Don't be. Nothing is going to happen to you, just go," he whispered, kissing me quickly. 

I ran upstairs and into my room, locking the door shut, closing the blinds, turning the lights off. I watched through the blinds sneakily, hoping to see if someone followed my dad here. I caught a car a few houses down. It was a black car and it was dark outside, none one the streetlamps had been turned on yet. 

"Come on," I mumbled under my breath. The lamps finally lit up as the car door opened and he stepped out. My eyes widened while I facepalmed. 

Theo. 

"God damn it," I hissed. I opened the bedroom and stepped out. I'm not going downstairs, they can't see me from here but I can listen. And if I hear anything worrying, I'll go back in there. I stood at the end of this hallway, hiding behind the wall and listening in. 

"Are you out of your mind?" I heard Leo ask, he still sounded calm. 

"I've already given them the money, Leo. But they aren't taking it," my dad sighed, "They want her." 

"And you want me to give her to them? Are you crazy?" he replied. My heart started racing while I heard multiple footsteps. They were quick. Like they were running to get in.