37| Blackout

Chapter 37: Blackout (Claire's POV)

I looked up at the empty hallway, then looked down at Flynn. I slowly walked over to him, the dogs standing there in confusion too. We never fight in this house. Nobody does. Ever. "Are you okay?" 

Before you ask why I'm here comforting him instead of Leo, it's because sometimes Leo needs a minute to himself to calm down, I know that by now. 

"I'm fine," he huffed. 

We fell into silence for a long time until I broke it. "Flynn, I think you-" 

"I already know what you're going to say." 

I folded my arms across my chest, raising my eyebrows at him. "What am I going to say?" I questioned. 

"You're going to say I shouldn't go see her because it's your life on the line here, and I get that but-" 

"That's actually not what I was going to say. Like at all," I huffed. 

"It's not?" he asked, dumbfounded. 

"No. First of all, it's not just my life on the line here. It's mine, and yours, and Leo's, and even Aesha's. But her life is on the line regardless. Theo knows she's my best friend, he could go ask her any time." 

He listened intently. 

"I was going to say, you should go see her, but," I paused, "You should stay with her. Just for a while. And then maybe she can come here for a few days. I've been stuck here for more than a month, right? I have the right company," I glanced upstairs, "With her, so do you. Both of you can do a little up down. Mainly you, though, I'm sorry about that," I chuckled. 

"It's okay," he nodded, "You're right." 

I sighed, "I think you should go stay with her. And while you're there, tell her you love her." 

"But Leo-" 

"I'll handle him," I nodded reassuringly. 

Within the next ten minutes, Flynn had packed up some of his things and was heading out. Once he left, I was planning on going and talking to Leo, updating him on what just happened. "Bye, Claire," he smiled. 

"Bye," I said. 

He gave me a quick hug before unlocking the door. He left and I stood there, watching as he drove off. I sighed and turned around to close the door but before I could, it was blocked. 

I looked down and saw someone's foot in it and when I looked up, I saw Theo. "Hey, miss me?" he smirked. 

"L-" I opened my mouth to scream Leo's name but he had his hand over my mouth before I could even comprehend what was happening. I couldn't breathe right and I caught my vision fogging up. I tried letting out muffled screams and fighting against him but it was useless. I had him holding me by my arms and someone else holding me by my legs. 

The last thing I saw was Ace and Max running upstairs. 

Smarter than I thought, huh. 

Shut up, you're getting kidnapped. For real this time. 

Yeah, but you'll live. He'll save you. 

This isn't a movie, Claire. 

You'll be fine. Just breathe. 

I inhaled as deeply as I could and then passed out. This bitch just can't give good advice.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯