31| Flames

Chapter 31: Flames (Claire's POV)

"As I wish, huh?" he smirked, sitting up. 

"Maybe not," I shrugged, letting the shirt fall back down since I only lifted it to my midriff. 

"Claire, take it off," he ordered. 

"No, go to sleep, Leo," I laughed, falling back onto the pillow. 

"I hate repeating myself." 

"And I hate being the first to admit. I did it for you, didn't I?" 

He fell silent. What's he gonna do? Nothing. There's nothing he can do, actually. I lay there, staring up at the ceiling while he sat up beside me, his fingers drumming against his thigh. "Hmm," he hummed to himself before he straddled me. 

I arched an eyebrow at him, amused. "What are you gonna do, Leo?" I chuckled. 

"I'll make you take it off," he shrugged before leaning down and kissing my jaw down to my neck leaving flames along my skin. "Willingly," he whispered. 

"You can try," I said, feeling my heartbeat quicken, my blood rush, and my stomach flutter. I'm surprised I kept my voice steady. 

"You know I get something when I want it, don't you?" he questioned. 

"Yes, I do," I answered. 

"And I desperately want you. So, why are you pushing your luck?" 

"I don't know, maybe I like how desperate you sound." That wasn't a good idea considering he nearly bit my neck after I said that. I pushed him back but he grabbed my wrists and held them down. 

He pulled back and looked down at me. "Do you want me to stop?" he asked. 

"Did I tell you to?" I sassed. 

He rolled his eyes before kissing me. It was more aggressive than usual, I could tell he was getting frustrated and losing patience. That's one way to make him beg. There was something he really wanted and I wasn't giving it to him. I don't expect him to be grinning with satisfaction. 

I already had a rough idea of how tonight was going to go when he caught me by the door. Good thing I'm on the pill then. No, I didn't start taking it because I slept around, I took it to make my period regular. Birth control isn't always linked with sex, people. It works for other purposes too. 

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt his hands grab my waist from under the shirt, inching up at an agonizingly slow pace. His hands were warm, they felt nice on my skin yet somehow left flames behind. If he continues like this, I'll need a fire extinguisher by sunrise. 

He was going to take his time. That beautiful bastard. My shirt rode up with his hands until he stopped below my chest. "Take it off, Claire," he whispered in my ear. 

I chuckled breathlessly, "No." I would have taken it off by now but he wasn't giving me what I wanted. I don't think he has it figured out yet. 

He pulled away, his face inches from mine while he scanned my eyes. He let go of me as realization took over his expression. "You want on top," he mumbled. 

"Took you long enough," I rolled my eyes. He climbed off and sat against the headboard while I sat up and straddled him. "You're slower than people would think." I narrowed my eyes at him before my lips came crashing down on his. 

"You're bolder than people would think," he murmured while I trailed kisses down his jaw and neck. 

"I left my mark, don't you worry," I chuckled.