Chapter 3; Excuses and more excuses.

BE DIRK STRIDER - - - - >

       I started panicking inside but kept my cool outside. I quickly thought if an excuse that made sense and captured the attention of John.

     (Like this is Dirk And like this is John Ok?)

     Dirk, what do we say?!?!

     John, I have the perfect excuse for staring. When Jake tries to get your attention, pretend like you didn't hear him, Then say that we were staring because We were surprised because hardly anyone new ever comes to school, let alone our neighborhood.

       Ok Dirk, but what about the fact that we were clinging to them like if we let go we would die?

      We got lost in thought and forgot we were holding them, which is technically true.

      Ok, but do you think it will work?

      All we can do is try.

    We were pulled out by them calling our attention. I turned to Dave and smiled apologetically.

      "Sorry, I didn't hear you. Could you repeat the question?" I said. I could feel Dave roll his eyes. He crossed his arms and pushed up his shades.

     "I said, About what happened at the bus stop, What the fuck was that about?" He asked. I sighed.

    "Oh yeah. Well, we were staring at you because we were surprised, No one new ever really comes to our school, let alone our neighborhood." I explained. He relaxed a little.

     "Ok, what about the Holding us thing? " He asked. I Smirked.

     "Oh, I got Lost in thought and forgot you fell into me. Same for John." I replied. He nodded thoughtfully and stared in front of him. It was quiet for a couple of minutes before John started another mind conversation with me.

     I think Jake bought it. i hope he did. What about dave? Did he buy it?

     John, How the fuck am i supposed to tell? He's a STRIDER. We're as readable as invisible ink.

     Oh right...Sorry.

    It's ok. Now I just thought of something. What are we going to do if they hurt Jade? We know they aren't Demons so they most likely will hurt her like the others. But because they are supposed to be our playthings we will get mad at them. What do we do?

      Um, um....SHIT!! I don't know!

    Let's not freak out and cross that bridge when and if we come to it. We're here.

     I ended the conversation as the bus stopped outside of Alternia high, And everyone poured off. I grabbed John's arm and pulled him away from the chaos. I didn't want him to be trampled. We may be strong demons but He is very short and scrawny.

       Once the storm cleared we started walking to our lockers. Next to mine was...Dave strider. And Next to John's was...Jake English. We groaned and went faster to get our stuff. They finally spoke up When we started walking away.