Chapter 6; Guess our promise is history now...

BE JOHN EGBERT AS SCHOOL    ENDS - - - - - - - >

    The last bell rang and I grabbed my stuff. Since Me and Dirk aren't required to stay past Demon defense clas, Dirk had gone home after that, Saying he had to look after Dave. Well, He didn't tell Jake that, But he told me.

      "Well chum, Let's go to yours now." Jake said. I smiled a little before I remembered why I was doing this. My smile faltered a little as i Led the way.

    "So, About Rose...Dirk seems really close to her. Anything you can tell me about that?" Jake asked. I nodded as i fiddled my hands. I was nervous but this would be a distracting topic.

    "Oh, Rose is Dirk's cousin. And i know your going to ask about how close I am with Kanaya. Well, She was always with me and my family, before They all...Died." I said, saying the last part quietly. I looked down, tears forming in my eyes. We were halfway to my house.

     "I am so sorry! I never would have pressed if I knew about it!" Jake said. I chuckled sadly.

    "Isn't that usually the case? We crave information, as living beings, it's only natural. But, sometimes, when we get the information we looked for, we apologize and wish we never asked. Knowledge works on mysterious ways." I said. Jake was stunned.

      We were at the house. I then thought of something. What If Dave was on the parlor? I wouldn't get the chance to explain. I turned and grinned sheepishly at him.

    "Um, If you could wait out here for a second. I need to check something...." I said. He said it was no problem. I went in and Found Dirk and Dave in Dave's new room. I let Jake in and led him up to my room.

     "And here it is! sorry if it's a bit messy..." I said. There were some clothes strewn across the floor and my bed was kind of a mess from my rush this morning, but other than that it was ok. He sat on my bed and I took a deep breath. I locked the door and sat next to him.

     "Jake, I need to tell you something. And it's something only Dirk, Rose, Kanaya and, I think, Dave know. But in case it doesn't go like I hoped, I need to do something. And it may make you uncomfortable." I said. Jake looked at me with worry in his eyes.

     "Go ahead John." He said. I took a deep breath and jumped forward, forcing my lips to his. His eyes widened and he froze for a minute, but then kissed back. I was trying to hold the urges back, but I lost it.

     I forced him against the bed and Sat in his lap, my arms around him. I broke away and blushed, then moved off of him, hiding my Face in my hood. Jake chuckled, breathless.

    "Well, If what you need to tell me is that you love me, already did that, and I love you as well." Jake said. I looked up and smiled softly.

     "Nice to know, and I do love you, but there is something else that I have to tell you. And it might make you change your mind." I said, my smile slowly disappearing.

    "Well go on." He said. I took a deep breath and scooted away from him a little.

    "I'm sorry..." I said softly. I looked at him, my blue eyes glowing, My ears pointed, my fangs and claws extended and the trickster mark on my hand, all in his plain view. He gasped and backed up a little, going for his gun.

    "Jake no!" I said, retracting my Demon features as I gripped his arm. He jumped up and away from me, and a horrified expression was on his face. Tears pricked my eyes, and a few spilled over.

    "What the hell?! Your a Demon! A trickster! I-I have to go." He said, fumbling with the lock. He finally undid it And ran. I got up and used my super speed to put myself in front of him, blocking his way as tears now flowed more freely down my Face.