Chapter 9

Lisa woke up just as the sun peaked above the horizon. She groaned loudly when she tried to get up from the hard car seat. Her body was stiff, her head painful and her stomach was almost ready to spill all of its contents at any given moment.

Lisa felt totally disoriented, her thoughts from last night appearing as a simple blur. What happened and why was her bed so uncomfortable? It was when she finally opened her eyes that she realized she wasn't at home. She quickly shot up from the seat, giving her stomach one last push in the process before it finally erupted. She was at least able to open the door and empty its contents on the outside pavement instead of messing up the fancy interior.

She wondered why did her vomit taste like alcohol and cherries. It was such a strange and random combination to have in your mouth early in the morning and she had no memory whatsoever of where it had come from. As she drove home, she tried to recall last night's crazy events, but the strong headache that tore apart her head didn't let her proceed.

Once she stepped into her modest apartment, she immediately freed herself of all clothing and threw it carelessly around the room before diving between the soft and warm bedsheets, ready to take her full comfortable sleep.

She woke up later that day, trying to pull the duved over her exposed and cold skin. She peaked at the clock that was attached to the opposite wall and check the time. It was going past two in the afternoon already. She had slept for another eight hours? If she excluded the trobbing headache, she had actually never felt so recharged and physically well in a very long time.

She carefully got out of bed, still feeling the pulsating in her brain, and rummaged through her drawers in search of a painkiller or just something to numb the disgusting feeling of her hangover. She swallowed two, hoping it would work an idea faster, and walked back to her bedroom. As she entered through the old wooden door, she noticed the total mess she had created in the early morning.

She groaned and bent down to pick up her clothes, folding them and putting them away. As she grabbed her dirty white shirt, she noticed the huge seeped pink spot right on the front. Lisa suddenly remembered about the grand party last night, where she walked clumsily toward the backyard when a girl spilled her drink all over her clothes. She remembered making her way up the stairs in a desperate search for a bathroom. And she definitely now remembered the scene she saw inside once she found it.

Lisa slumped on the bed, giving her mind some time to process the flooding memories. She stared at the carpeted floor, not knowing what to make out of the whole situation. She was heavily drunk and probably even high on drugs. Even though she was sure in what she saw, Lisa still thought that there could be a possibility of it being the mere plot of her growing imagination. Could she jump into conclusions that fast? Maybe there was logical explanation about it, as absurd as it sounded.

Because, what could be the possible explanation to finding your project partner's own boyfriend buried four inches deep into another strange girl - that definitely wasn't your project partner - while being so drunk and high that he couldn't even hear the bathroom door opening and to realize that someone was actually watching them.

Well, watching them would be kind of exaggeration in Lisa's case, because she was there for not more than ten seconds.

Lisa just couldn't wrap her mind around the thought. In her mind, memories of Jennie always speaking highly about him suddenly resurfaced. About all the dates he took her to, all the gifts he gave to her, the sweet words and promises of eternal love and happiness they always made, their mutual plans for the future.

Even though Lisa noticed she was speaking mostly as if they haven't had a good moment together recently, or their relationship wasn't at its best at the moment, she didn't read too much into it. Now, though, she understood perfectly.