Chapter 29

Lisa and Jennie were ecstatic when they found out that Chaeyoung and Jisoo finally became an official couple after two dates and a long time pursuing each other. They complained how their second date had been a total fail but that was also the thing that actually brought them together.

They were supposed to go to a restaurant that night. Jisoo had been extremely nervous throughout the whole time and started blabbering complete nonsense out of nowhere, but Chaeyeong had just laughed it off instead of feeling weirded out and making it uncomfortable.

When they were supposed to leave the restaurant, it turned out that Jisoo had forgotten her wallet at home after rushing out hurriedly, and couldn't pay for the bill. She was mortified when Chaeyoung had to pay for their meals and Jisoo promised that she would take her out again and would make up for the ruined night.

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, had really enjoyed the date because there wasn't even a boring second with the other girl. She had found all this too adorable and ended up kissing Jisoo before finally asking her to be her official girlfriend and making sure she knew she had the best night of her life.

Lisa and Jennie found them extremely cute together, though, not as much as each other, of course. The first couple were constantly all over each other for the past week. Holding hands, cuddling in bed, back hugging, leaning on each other's shoulders or laying in each other's laps became some of the most usual things to do for them. Jennie kept kissing Lisa wherever she could - forehead, nose, cheeks, neck, hands, but her most favorite place to devour had always been her lips.

The two couples were again snuggled comfortably on Jisoo's couch, all hidden under soft warm blankets, watching a random movie they found on Netflix.

"So, got any plans for new year?" Chaeyoung suddenly asked, aiming the question at the other couple.

"We are going to spend it with my family at home. What about you two? Got anything in mind?" Jennie asked in return.

"Chaeyoung's parents are away so I guess she will spend it with me, right babe?" Jisoo asked and turned to look at her girlfriend, leaving a chaste kiss on her cheek.

"Yeah, even though I hoped we all could spend it together. I think it would have been fun. But anyways, we are surely going to have a double date some time next year" they laughed.

They finished the movie and as a tradition moved on to a board game, which didn't go without a feisty angry kitten and much cursing because they kept accusing each other of cheating.

When new year's eve came, the Kims and Lisa were all gathered together into the backyard of the family house, with a champaign glass in hand as they waited out the last couple of minutes of the old exhausting year to pass. Jennie came closer and snaked an arm around Lisa's waist, leaning her head on her shoulder as they stared in the distance.

"First holidays spent together, huh? I hope there are a lot more in the future" she tiptoed and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

"Yup, many more to come, baby" Lisa smiled down at her and kissed her lips. They pulled away when they heard an awkward cough.

"Get ready, love birds. It's midnight in a couple of minutes. We are going to fire our fireworks and join the party with the others" Seun laughed as she walked back to her husband.

Lisa felt ecstatic knowing that she would go into the happy new year with a purpose and a life better than she had expected before moving to Seoul. She had Jennie by her side, loving and caring for her in a way she didn't imagine anyone would ever had. Gone were the thoughts of the gloomy and torturous past, almost gone were also the fears and insecurities, and were now replaced by the sense of pride and accomplishment. Everything was going to get only better from now on, Lisa thought, until her phone suddenly vibrated into her pocket.