Chapter 32

The drive to the place wasn't longer than five minutes. Lisa parked the car in front of a beautiful two storey medium sized house and slowly walked towards the front door as she ran her eyes along the familiar wooden facade. She took her time before walking further ahead again. As they passed through door, they were immediately met with the soothing scent of brewed coffee coming from the kitchen. Lisa's eyes immediately watered.

"He loved coffee" she whispered as she inhaled the smell, knowing it was coming from the unwashed coffee pot that he always left by the sink before going to work. It was still sitting there, oblivious of the fact that there was no one coming back to clean it like before.

They passed by the living room and observed as Kun's toys and study books were still sprawled carelessly all over the coffee table and the carpeted floor from the time when Malee had came to pick him up in a hurry after getting the unfortunate news of her son's passing.

Lisa continued ahead through the hallway with Jennie trailing close behind. She stopped again a little before the stairs and stared at her left where a few family pictures still adorned the wall. She carefully cradled one of them in her hands and brought it closer. It portrayed all four members of their family standing together in front of the house, with little Lisa propped up on her father's shoulders and baby Kun in his mather's arms, all smiling at the camera like a perfect happy family.

"That was taken when we first bought the house. I was seven and Kun was just a newborn back then" Lisa explained quietly and returned it back on the wall. She remembered how even after everything fell apart, even after their mother died, their dad refused to take those photos down.

Jennie moved closer and picked up another one from the cabinet underneath. It portrayed Lisa's father with a colorful birthday hat on his head, huge smile on his face, as both of his adorable kids squished his cheeks into a kiss from both sides at the same time.

"That was his birthday a couple years later. We were still happy then. Only if I knew what disaster was coming soon..." Lisa traced her thumb over his face before placing it back down.

They walked together towards the second floor of the house and entered Lisa's childhood room. As she opened the door, they were greated by complete darkness. Upon pulling the curtains apart and letting the sunlight invade the space, it revealed a cozy looking room, though it somehow felt empty.

"It's so dark because I always prefered it that way. I couldn't stand the light" Lisa explained as she dropped the bag she was carrying, filling it with the rest of the stuff she left behind. She got up to walk towards the bedside table when her steps suddenly halted. Her eyes watered once again when she noticed Kun's blue Spiderman blanket thrown messily on the bed. "He's been sleeping in my room" Lisa whispered sadly.

"He must have been missing you a lot while you were gone" Jennie added as she walked around and took in everything. As she passed by the wardrobe, something weird caught her attention. There was an ugly crack in the hard wall covered with smeared stains of a red liquid. Jennie's heartbeat immediately picked up its pace.

"Um, Lisa, what's that?" she hesitantly asked.

The girl looked at her and walked closer. Her face immediately dropped at the memory. "That's not a good story" she shook her head. Lisa looked back at Jennie, and even though the brunette didn't say a word, she knew her girlfriend was curious to know. Lisa sighed.

"When I used to fight with mom, I always repressed all my feelings. I didn't want to be one of those ungrateful and ill-behaved kids who raised a hand or cursed at their parents, so I kept everything I had to say to her for myself. I held in all the anger and frustration and took in all her hurtful words without saying or doing anything. One day, it got too much. I felt how I was on the verge of blowing up right in her face. Everything in me was screaming to hit her back and give her a taste of her own medicine, but I just couldn't do it so I ran to my room, locked myself in and took it all out right there"