Chapter 25

December twenty-third came faster than expected. Lisa was already packing her bags for her 'moving' into the Kims' house for the next few days. She was honestly excited that she was able to spend those special family holidays in someone's company, even though it wasn't with her own family.

Spending a few days with Jennie close to her would give her the perfect opportunities to proceed with her plan - to finally ask her to be her girlfriend. Lisa regretted wasting so much time after the date in not asking that important questions and she wanted to fix it as soon as possible. She thought that the warm embrace of the holidays would be the perfect time to do that.

Seun greeted Lisa with hugs and kisses when she arrived at the house, saying how happy she was to have her with them for the Christmas break. Lisa was happy to be given this opportunity with Jennie and also to be able to eat actual good food and not something burned, which was the best she could prepare by herself.

The whole family gathered together and spent the rest of the day getting to know each other, especially their welcomed guest, better. Lisa completely adored Seun and Jihwan. They were the perfect example of successful parents that were able to do their parenting right in the meantime and hold the family always strong and united. Everyone could see it reflecting on Jennie's own perfect behavior.

That night, Seun had filled the dining table with countless of different deliciously looking meals that filled the house with additional warmth and pleasant mix of scents. They sat down and devoured the food fairly quickly while making plans for the upcoming few interesting days.

"Well, It already started to get late" Seun started. "I suggest we go to bed now. Tomorrow is going to be a big day and we will need lots of energy" she stood up and started picking up the empty dishes and clean the dirty table.

"Yeah, I'm getting a little sleepy already" Jennie said before turning towards Lisa on her left. "I'll show you your room" she held her hand and pulled her up the stairs towards the second floor.

Lisa's heart slightly jumped at the mention of her separate room. Even though she knew it was almost impossible, she still had some miniature hope that she would be allowed to sleep in Jennie's, but in a house this big it should have been obvious that there were going to be extra guest rooms.

"I don't think my parents would let us sleep in the same room so this one is yours, just across mine" Jennie opened the door and let them in.

The room was fairly big, with a single bed in the far left corner, a big window on the wall touching the headboard, a wooden wardrobe and a bookcase lining along the right wall, a door right opposite of the bed, leading towards the bathroom, and a small opening in the left wall that led to a closed space with a study table and a reading nook on the right wall that closed a window right between them.

Even though Lisa suspected that it hadn't been used in a while, there was not a trace of dust stacked on the furniture or a single crumb on the soft carpet. The room was filled with the amazing smell of the flowery fragrance used for washing the new set of sheets that hugged the bed. It was obvious Seun took a good care of it for Lisa's arrival.

"Wow, it's pretty" Lisa commented as she looked around. "Why wouldn't they let us? They know we have slept in the same bed before and nothing happened, right?" she chuckled but she didn't hear Jennie follow.

Lisa turned around and faced the brunette who was leaning against the door frame. Her face was stoic and did not read a single trace of humor. The girl thought that she must have said something wrong that upset her and was about to apologize when Jennie cut her off.