Chapter 30

"Jisoo, turn around the car, now!"

"Wait, why? What happened?" she said, startled, before driving back.

"I remembered when Lisa could be. She brought me there on our first date. She said she visited the place when she felt sad and wanted to be alone" Jennie quickly explained the location of the place and waited impatiently as Jisoo drove as fast as possible. Jennie prayed to the gods that she was right and Lisa was there. If not, she was going to go insane.

A few minutes later, Jisoo was already parking down the broken road that led to the top of the hill. Before she could even cut the engine, Jennie rushed out of the car and ran as fast as she could, calling out Lisa's name desperately. She stopped in her tracks when she finally saw her a minute later, slumped back against a tree, her eyes slowen from the constant stream of tears as she watched the view of the city in the distance. She looked completely broken and weak, smaller than Jennie had ever seen her before.

She hesitantly walked up to her, careful to not scare her. "Lis?" she quietly said. Jennie sat down next to her and slowly took her limp hand in hers. Lisa didn't respond.

"Baby, are you okay? You are scaring me" Jennie whispered, holding in her cries.

The girl finally shook her head weakly. Jennie turned her body to her and cupped her cheek gently, carefully turning her head in her direction. The brunette immediately felt the need to cry when two wet bloodshot eyes stared back her. It was scarier to look at her in this state than what she imagined.

Jennie decided to drop all questions and not pressure her to talk about what had happened yet. She wanted to hear her out only once she felt ready all by herself. However, Jennie wanted to stay next to her in those tough moments. She wanted Lisa to know that she could always count on her, that she had her immense love and support no matter what happened.

"Can I hug you, baby?" she whispered.

Without answering, Lisa's body fell limp on Jennie's. She immediately held her close and squeezed her between her arms. The brunette carefully put the jacket over her shoulders in attempt to warm up her cold skin. Lisa slowly hugged her by the waist and buried her face into her neck. They stood in complete silence as Jennie softly caressed her hair, put small pecks on her head and cheeks, desperately trying to calm her down.

She thought she could be strong for her girlfriend, but the image of her slowly breaking apart didn't leave her a choice but to follow her into her misery.

Jennie heard a shift behind herself and turned to look back, knowing it was Chaeyoung and Jisoo. She shook her head at them, saying that Lisa wasn't okay at all and that they needed some time alone. Jisoo nodded and held Chaeyoung's hand, pulling her back towards the car to wait for them somewhere warm.

Lisa and Jennie stood like that for a few long minutes, not moving, not talking, just eyes filled with unshed tears. Lisa suddenly tightened her hands around Jennie's waist and buried her face deeper into her neck as she started sobbing hard out of the sudden. Jennie held her strong in her arms as she felt her tears drop on her chest, her torturous sobs breaking her heart ever further. The brunette cried with her, not because she was sad, but because she was able to feel her girlfriend's pain.

As some point Jennie thought she heard a barely audible mumble come from Lisa. "Did you say something, baby?" she carefully asked as she continued to caress her hair.

"He's dead" Lisa said more pronounced as her body shook with her sobs. Jennie froze when she heard her words.

Who's dead? Oh God, Lisa...

"W-who are you t-talking about, Lis?" she hesitantly asked. She was glad that Lisa started opening up little by little without being forced to.

"My dad"