Chapter 11

Lisa sat and waited patiently for Jennie to start the story of her misery. She gave her a small encouraging smile. "Take you time, Jen. You can always change your mind if you feel like it, too. No pressure, just so you know" Lisa said as she noticed the nervousness in her eyes.

"No, I want to tell you. I need to tell you. You helped me a lot with it and I think you deserve to know" Jennie took a deep breath, readying herself to bear her soul and her darkest secrets to her partner.

"It's about what you told me you saw at the party" she shifted uncomfortably on the chair, which Lisa was fast to notice.

"Seriously, Jennie. If you are not comfortable sharing your story, I don't want you to do it. I'm here to listen to you, not to force to do something you don't want to, neither to make you uncomfortable in any way"

Jennie's eyes slightly teared up at her words. That was when she realized actually how different Lisa and Jackson were. How different were the ways they cared, the ways they loved, they ways they showed affection. And even though Lisa was a person to not openly show her emotions, Jackson still couldn't compare to her in any way.

She was simply real, and that was what Jennie liked the most about her. So, she ignored her words on continued with her painful speach.

"At first, to be honest, I didn't believe what you told me about the party. I thought that, as you said, you were too drunk and probably saw things. Or my more absurd theory - that you wanted to separate us, so you lied. But the thing was, I didn't find a single reason for you to do that. I thought more and more until I finally started putting things together and it made so much sense to me that I couldn't help but believe you"

Jennie paused. Lisa noticed the hesitation in her eyes and gave her a nod of encouragement.

"Well, this next part may sound a little embarrassing but," she gulped. "since we first started dating, he constantly wanted us to- have sex, but I always rejected him. I just don't feel ready yet and I don't want to rush things" she took a quick peak at Lisa, expecting the girl to laugh at her for being a total prude, a nineteen years old virgin. Who in the new times was still a virgin at nineteen, for God's sake, right? She sarcastically thought.

She imagined Lisa to be the more free type of a person, who did everything they wanted without much thinking. Lisa looked like a person who would sleep with whoever she desired, whenever she desired. Jennie was almost sure she had a great experience in those aspects, and that made her feel a little left out from the rest of the people her age.

But all those wrong feelings and thoughts quickly vanished when in Lisa's eyes she saw no judgement, only compassion and understanding of her situation. She didn't make her feel ashamed about it in any way.

"That's totally fine, Jennie. He has absolutely no right to force you to do anything you and your body don't want and don't feel ready to do. If he doesn't understand that, then the big problem is in his head, not in you. I hope you know that"

"Thank you" Jennie smiled appreciatively.

"Of course. And I'm not saying it just to make you feel better. I'm saying it because it's the truth. It is not fun to be forced to do things against your will"

By the pained look in her eyes, Jennie could easily think that Lisa was speaking from her own experience. She didn't know what had happened in the life of this girl, but she was still a huge mystery that Jennie needed to unsolve.

She continued. "As I already once told you, he's more of the party type of guy. He likes to go to all university gatherings and always invites me with him. But I'm just not that kind of person. I prefer to stay at home and study or hang out with Jisoo, so I always reject his invitations.