Chapter 31

Jennie was the first one to wake up on the next morning. She opened her sleepy eyes and was immediately met with Lisa's peaceful sleeping figure. It looked so different from the image of her features stained with tears and sorrow from the night before. Jennie was reminded of the events that occurred before they fell asleep completely exhausted. Lisa was extremely gentle in the beginning, fearful to not hurt her girlfriend, but as the time passed and Jennie got used to the explosive sensations, her movement got slightly rougher, but still careful in a way.

The thought brought a small smile on Jennie's face. She would have considered that her best morning ever, waking up after having such amazing and mind-blowing experience with someone she loved, but the thought of the unfortunate events from the night before settled back in her head as she remembered the purpose of the new day.

Jennie felt Lisa stir in her sleep and pull her closer by the naked waist. The movement of her body caused a slight pain to shoot down between her sore legs and a quiet whimper escaped her lips. Lisa's eyes immediately shot open.

"Are you okay?" she worriedly asked as she caressed her belly with her thumb.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. It just still hurts a little, that's all"

"I'm sorry if I hurt you" Lisa said softly.

Jennie cupped her cheek and gave her a peck on the lips. "No, you didn't, baby. Exactly the opposite. You made me feel really amazing. Thank you"

The end of Lisa's lips twitched and curled into a barely noticeable smile. "I'm glad" she whispered. Jennie watched as her face slowly fell back into a frown and her eyes slightly watered as she recalled the bad news she received at midnight. She caressed her cheek softly, trying to calm her down.

"When do we leave?" she asked.

Lisa didn't need any further explanation about what she meant by that. "Is it okay after breakfast?"

"Of course, baby. Whenever you are ready, even though I don't think anyone would ever be ready for something like this" Lisa nodded weakly as she stared at the distance. "I'll go take a quick shower before we go down"

Jennie got up from the bed carefully as she felt the same dull pain return to her crotch. She swallowed the uncomfortable feeling and instead tried to think about the mix of emotions Lisa made her feel earlier that night as she walked towards the bathroom, leaving her girlfriend alone in bed.

Her heart started beating faster when she cleaned the small traces of blood between her legs, even though she knew it was a normal occurrence for every woman. She felt like she traveled back in time when she was still a twelve year old girl screaming in the bathroom after she got her period for the first time and thought she was dying.

Once Jennie was ready, she wrapped herself with a towel and stepped back into bedroom where she stumbled upon a crying Lisa. The girl sat at the edge of the bed, after getting dressed, and held her head low as she sobbed quietly. It broke Jennie's heart to look at her in this miserable state. The brunette sat next to her and engulfed her into a warm hug.

"I know it must be hard, baby, but you have to be strong, for you little brother, for your father who would hate to see his little princess in tears. Stay strong, Lis. I know you can do it" she held her for a few more minutes until she gradually calmed down.

Jennie quickly got dressed and they descended the stairs towards breakfast. Hand in hand, they walked into the kitchen where Jennie's parents were already sitting quietly, drinking their morning cup of coffee.

"Good morning, girls. Come have something to eat before you go. I made your favorite" Seun said with a tiny smile, trying to sound nonchalant and not bring up the topic and cause Lisa any more excessive pain.