A budding author: @picklejuice100

So here is our budding author picklejuice100

The author of a heart warming book with a deep message conveyed through it 'Our Bitter Beautiful Lives'

1.What inspired you to start writing?

Actually, it was my bestie who was the biggest inspiration behind this. She was just excited to post her writing in Wattpad, and then she kinda urged me to write too. Moreover, I always wanted to make my opinions to get heard. I mean, there was LGBTQ+ discrimination everywhere I looked. And, even though I was not affected, but I really wanted to do something about it. So, that did drive me to write and post it here.

2. Oh! Your writings really conveyed the message to want to deliver to the society. So is writing your passion or a hobby?

It's  just a hobby, and a very effective way to pass the time in Lockdown. :))

3. Which is your biggest turn taken place in your life as of writing?

Well, the biggest turn that took place in writing, is that I got a boost of self-confidence when I completed a book. I mean, I know, my book is not anywhere near perfect, but at least I stuck to it and actually completed it. And yeah, it doesn't really sound like a big deal, but it really means a lot. Moreover, the support I got from everyone who read my book, it was really overwhelming, and I never expected that to happen. So, I'm very thankful to those who gave my book a chance and forever thankful to my friend who urged me to write in the first place.

 4. I would say that your book may have flaws but its just perfect and sweet the way it is! What would you say about the phases you faced while writing?

When I started writing, I honestly thought I couldn't finish it. The prospect of writing was actually very daunting for me. And added to that, they were those insecurities and self-doubt before I posted a new chapter. For me, the biggest problem that I faced while writing was, when I completed with a chapter and then read through it once, all I could do was cringe.

Even now, when I read the chapters again, all I can do is cringe at everything I wrote. But, on the plus side, writing made me a better writer. My skills were comparatively bad when I started the book.It's a good thing that whenever I read through my chapters I can point out my mistakes and make them better. SO, I just want to say that having self-confidence is really important. Yes, the first draft will be bad, but we can always go and edit the chapters whenever we feel like it. Moreover, we shouldn't really stress much about our book and just complete the book. It's just that being a perfectionist with writing can bring loads of stress. So, you just have to let go.

5. After all practice,confidence and hard work is what makes it perfect. What do you really love about writing?

In my opinion, the best thing I love about writing is the way I get attached to my characters. They kinda feel like constant support at the back of my mind. It very exciting when their story unfolds as I go on writing the book. Moreover, writing feels like a very safe place where I can express my views and that too, without judgment. Now, non-judgemental eyes are a luxury.

 6. I absolutely agree with you. Do you want to give suggestions or advice on writing?

I'm an amateur beginner, and I have a lot to know about writing. But, as a small tip, I just want to say that characters are the most important part of the story. Well, in my opinion, it's more important than the plot itself. So, maybe, we can try to focus on creating real characters. By real, I mean, characters with insecurities and flaws. Other than that, what we can do is keep reading good books and keep practicing to make our writing better.

7. I'll try that too. What do you want to say to fellow readers or authors?

Well, to everyone out there, just keep reading and writing. Literature and fiction are paradise. And it's okay if people call us nerds, or dork, or geek, or whatever. It doesn't matter, because those people are missing a lot. Happy reading, happy writing!

           And that came to an end! Thank you!

                     For your time and cooperation!