🍀I'll Take Care of You - Julius Novachrono🍀

Words - 716
Request - nwizzlee

A/n - I hope you enjoy it! Sorry if it's weird, write it in my statistics class

You sighed as you walked into the room and stared at him. Half his body was bandaged, leg elevated up. One eye left unbandaged, peaked open, and stared at me. His eyes were drowsy but as they focussed on me, they sobered up fast, almost shining in excitement.

"Y/n!" Julius was stupid enough to try and get up, only resulting in groans on pain. Walking over you set your stuff down and began checking upon him. Looking at bandages and applying ointments where needed. Make sure he was hydrated and fed, all while he chatted away gingerly, recalling the story of his accident. Apparently he had been taken down by a hoard of magic boars, how he ever became a captain of a squad is beyond me.

"You are such a fool." I shook my head as he told his story and smiled softly, lifting his ankle slightly, and bringing the blanket up a bit more on the other. I sat down as everything was up to date and his bandages were fixed, pulling a chair beside him and talking with him. He was a good listener, and had good advice when I would bring up something bothering me. Lately, something did bother me, and I was hoping he wouldn't see it this time, because when he looks at me with those eyes I feel like I could spill everything, I both hated and loved it.

"Y/n? Have I... have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" I smiled and brushed some hair out of his face.

"Once or twice, when you were loopy after some battles, I think a few more times when you were drunk and showed up and the clinic." I laughed as he blushed and looked away, clearly not remembering such acts.

"Well, I thought I'd make sure, because a person as gorgeous as you should know, so you can bring anyone you want to their knees." He whispered spirtintly, joking but a serious undertone slid between his words.

"And if I chose to bring you to your knees?" His response was nothing I ever expected, something so smooth yet cliche.

"My dear, you have already brought me to my knees, and you needn't say a thing but only smile." My heart pounded in my chest, pushing a knot up my throat and as it pulled I laughed nervously to rid it.

"You sound like a poet." I mused turning my head away from him, looking down at the barren ground my feet lay on, the small cracks in the floor seeming more interesting then his intense eyes, that look as if they see through me, and of course they do, it was Julius.

"I know you're worried." Julius spoke, reaching out a bandaged hand and holding my own. His hands were warm, comforting and big. I rubbed and the skin of his thumb before opening his palm and sliding my fingers into his.

I had already lost this game hadn't I? I was in love with this man and there was nothing I could do about it now. I was in love with a fool who would do anything to protect the people in this country, even if it cost him his life. One day, I know it will, and when it does, I can only hope I have the strength to go on without him, and if not, then maybe death wouldn't be so bad.

"I fear that I will love you more than I will ever love myself, Julius, and by doing that I may not be able to live without you." He pulled me in with his arms, pulling me to my knees beside the bed so he could hug me to his best ability. He held me for a few moments before lifting my chin with his fingers staring at me softly.

"I do not know the future yet, but when I do, I promise I will figure it out, I will never leave you, my love." The sound of my blood pumping rushed in my ears, watching slowly as his lips pressed against mine. They were slightly chapped but plush, a soft kiss mixing with a tear or two from me.

"I love you, Y/n."

"Gods, I love you too Julius."