Chapter 7

Pierce was still nowhere to be seen as we buried his brother. It was a quick service. Ace got up and said a few words, while the rest of us slowly lowered Damon's body into the ground.

"This will not happen again," Ace whispered to me, as we gathered up the few things that were in the Cave. A pot, a few articles of clothing, blankets, a stop watch...

"What about this," I held up the musty, old book.

"We don't need it," he said swinging a small bag over his shoulder. "Burn it."

I nodded, but when he wasn't looking, I slipped the book into my jacket, hidden from sight. I was not leaving it behind. We started out the entrance to the Cave, and Pierce and Serene followed. I turned around...and saw Fin for the first time.

The first thing I noticed about him was that he looked pale and sickly, with washed out blue eyes and wispy blonde hair. Ace said he was getting stronger every day, but now he looked weak and insignificant standing by Pierce.

"C'mon, New Girl, we haven't got all day."

I realized I was staring, and quickly turned away, following Ace out of the Cave.

************

We were submerged in pure darkness. The wind screamed in our ears, leaving me feeling alone with strangers. I was alone with strangers.

Matthias was really the only one I trusted.

"Matthias."

I watched a black helicopter fly over my head.

"Matthias!" I screamed. "We left him behind! They've got him!"

Suddenly the whole group was in panic. "We left him behind, and they captured him! They've got him!"

I was running again, just like i had done before. I was spinting at a goal, that seemed to be getting farther and farther away. But then I was gaining on it. I was gaining speed, and the shouts of Ace and Pierce getting softer and softer.

"Adeliah! Adeliah Stop! Stop!"

I took hold of a rope hanging down from the helecopter. I stopped thinking, and pulled myself inside.