The Insanity of Life

Day 5

All the students were gathered in the cafeteria, having breakfast, chatting and laughing.

Amai staring in curiosity at the exchange student, the girl grimaced at her. "So, how is it here?" Kuruba-chan asked, walking down the hall with a student who was showing her around. Amai shook herself from shock, "um, the classes are productive, teachers are strict but kind. Clubs are great, we got everything here" Amai says with a sweet smile, still eyeing the exchange student with amazed eyes.

The girl picks up a flyer for the occult club, "even Satanism?" The American mutters. Amai laughs, waving it off, "it's just pretend, they mainly read in there."

Kuruba-chan scans the paper, in memory of Ruto Oka. "Who's Oka?" She asked, "Oka was the founder of the Occult club, sadly she was murdered" Amai explains with a sad stare, the American setting down the flyer. "That's awful," she mutters, "should we get breakfast?" Amai inquires, "do you.. Eat breakfast?" Amai questioned, seriously wanting an answer.

Kuruba-chan nods, "I eat breakfast, just like you" she says, not understanding why Odayaka-chan was acting weird. Amai nods, letting a little laugh, "ok, off we go... to the cafeteria" the cook mutters.

The exchange student furrows her brows, following the cook to the second floor. Amai takes a breath before allowing the American to enter, Kuruba enters the cafeteria.

Everyone in that cafeteria, who was minding their own business, stopped abruptly, silence came over the room within seconds. Kuruba noticed, hell, anyone would notice if they could hear.

Kuruba turned to the students, noticing their eyes, and their gaze of shock. Kuruba-chan sighs, "you've never seen a black person in this school before, have you?" The American questions. Amai lets out a nervous giggle.

~

"Who's the new girl?" Taro questioned. Budo, Ayano, and Osana were still staring at the exchange student in curiosity. "No idea," Budo answered, still staring in awe.

Osana scoffs, "well of course you don't, baka, we're all seeing her for the first time" she whispered harshly at Budo. Making the Martial Arts leader wince at the sound of her voice. "I'm going to go introduce myself," Yamada-kun says, lifting from his seat.

The three watch him, most of the students watching him. Both Kuruba-chan and Odayaka-chan closely watch the boy, Kuruba saying a prayer to herself.

Taro bows lightly, "I'm Yamada Taro," he states, the exchange student smiles, bowing back "Kuruba Rio" she says. Taro smiles, "on behalf of the entire school, we are pleased to meet someone of your race and culture," he voiced.

Rio's smile strained, her eyes scanning the students behind him, they were smiling at her with the sincerest looks. The exchange nods up, "arigatō" she says loudly, for everybody to hear.

The students nod, continuing on with their conversations, and some conversing about the new student. "Would you like to sit with me and my tomodachi?" Taro offers, gesturing to the table he was sitting at.

The American looks over at the table, an orange-hair tsundere, that was giving her a glare. Muscular and heroic martial arts guy smiling brightly at her. A high school girl, looking soulless.

Kuruba smiles, "no thank you. I was gonna skip breakfast anyway." Amai furrows her brows, "but you said- "

"That I wanted to make my own breakfast, but it isn't time for our club yet" Kuruba-chan quickly intervenes, pushing Amai to the doors. "But you-"