3. Butterfly

Melanie POV
Waking up the next morning was a bit of a struggle. Seeing as the boys didn't leave until it was 5 o'clock in the morning. We talked about a lot and how they met my mom. As the time went by I guess I went to sleep on them because when I woke up they weren't here. I quickly got out of my bed and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and curled my hair. I didn't have time to put my contacts in so I grabbed my glasses and worked with what i got. When I got done I looked like this.

(If anybody wanted to know the app i use its URSTYLE)I quickly walked downstairs not bothering to check in with my mother going straight outside to my car

I quickly walked downstairs not bothering to check in with my mother going straight outside to my car. I looked on the side of me seeing Julie and her dad. I paused for a second. "AYO JULIE!" She looked at me for a second hearing me scream. Damn her outfit is fire. Anyways she walked to my car. "Want to ride with me?" She looked back at her dad and her dad nodded so she got in the passenger side and I got in the drivers side and we drove off to school.
(Time skip to after school because she doesn't have that class but once in this book and because I said so and I love you guys but school drained my energy)
Walking into my living room I threw my bookbag on the couch and sat down. I closed my eyes for a good two seconds before the dudes poofed in. "Yo Melanie" Alex said. "Yes pinky?" I giggled loudly. "What did I say don't call me that!" He pouted twirling his sticks in his hand. "Anyways that girl Julie she can sing." He nodded as the others agreed. "Well good maybe she can be your new lead" luke glared at Melanie. "I know, I know your the lead." I said still laughing to myself.  My mom walked in the door while holding a bag of groceries. "Hi mom! Want some help?" I got up and rushed to her grabbing the bag as I walked into the kitchen. My mom smiled dearly at me. "Hunny why don't you go sing a song for me on the guitar please?" I smiled at her. "Sure mom" I walked towards the guitar strumming a melody.. "for a hundred dollars" I laughed. "One night a week. Butterfly!"

(Whole song I wrote by myself)
Loving the way I felt
Stories I never tell
Keeping a love so clear
Why won't it end my dear
The way I fell in love
I could never hurt a bug.
When you fell I gave it up.
The stars in the sky don't compare
Nothing I couldn't bare
Baby I could never leave
With you I could not try
To give all my time to you..
baby the stars with you.
Are shaped like a butterfly.

Sooner or later I heard small drumming taps on the couch I looked at Alex smiling. I walked around to the couch as I looked at luke and Reggie.

So what if I couldn't fly
Even when I tried
To many times I've never hide
My feelings for you have flied
So tired
(Music slowed)
I want you to see me
So I could tell you
If the clouds apart don't see
My heart you never will
I tried to fight this feeling inside baby
Why can't you heal me feel me
Even when the skies are dark times I
Will try to see
Hmmmm mmmm
Stars in the sky
I don't believe why

I paused in front of my mom and sang out loud her favorite part of the song.

Leaving you hasn't
Crossed my brain baby
I could never try
To say what's on my mind
I could never leave
Even when I'm crying
The stars of our butterfly
Ohhhhh ohhh ohh
(Music stops completely)
Stars of our
Butterfly

I smiled as my mom ran to me hugging me softly tearing up. She pulled me by my arm and wiped her eyes. "You hit the whistle note I taught you" she whispered as we both teared up running to get the picture that we loved of her and my old step foster dad who died from cancer. "He loved when you sang that song and now that you've sang it I can feel him here all around us." I nodded silently before shrugging. "Mom can we go to the movies Friday?" She nodded smiling. After 15 minutes she walked to her room with the picture holding it to her chest. "Dang girl." Luke stared at me. "I thought Julie could sing but you-" Reggie started. "How come you been holding out on us. And who wrote that killer melody." Luke interrupted. "I haven't and I was the one who wrote it." I said and put the guitar back. I stared up at them "so I was thinking, y'all need a new wardrobe and so do I. Let's go to the mall?" I grabbed my purse this time taking off my jacket as all of the boys walked towards me staring me up and down. "Dude, what are you wearing!" I looked down and turned around. "Clothes." I pouted staring at them raising one eyebrow. "Those aren't clothes." Reggie said.
"Listen! There is nothing wrong with what I got on. First it's 2020. I can walk out of the house with anything I want. As long as it covers what it needs to cover. And even so I should be able to wear what I wanna wear because that's what I want to wear." I took a deep breath. Alex slowly sat on the couch. As Reggie and Luke kept being judge mental. "No I refuse to let you walk out showing your stomach and the cuts on your jeans reach all the way up your thighs." Luke said. "I'm not naked. You can't see my privates! So shut up. You know what. You can't tell me what to do because you are not my father. And even then you need to get your head out of the gutter because if your mom or father didn't put the thought of respect toward woman and no means no in your head then I don't know what to tell you." I crossed my arms staring at him. "You are so impossible just change clothes and we can go wherever you want." He kept going. "I said No and I don't need your permission to go out. Alex lets go." I grabbed my jacket storming out of my house as Luke got frustrated and poofed out. Leaving the other two shocked knowing both why they are acting like that. Alex followed after Melanie and Reggie after Luke. Alex could not reach Melanie in time as she walked further away. He sighed poofing into the studio with the rest of the boys as he glared at Luke.