10.

"Honey i'm coming in your room i heard the door slam." my mom said, walking in before she looked beside me towards alex. I was shocked. "Melanie, whose this?" she smiled at me before shaking Alex's hand. "He's my friend? Wait, you can see him? " i was utterly confused. "I mean anyone can see him dear." i shhk my head in disbelief as Alex looked at me weirdly.

I think it's time to read more of my moms actual diary because this is weird. "Yeah mom he was just leaving. Alex... come by with the boys later but through the front door." i started to get light headed as i took a seat alex walking all the way to and out of the front door.

Third person pov 30 minutes later

Reggie, Alex, and Julie ducked behind a bush in front of Luke's house. they watched the boy curled up in a ball in pain watching his parents go back and forth in the kitchen. Julie watched Luke with tears in her eyes. she didn't know how he felt when his parents didn't support him.  Luke regretted running away so much that he wrote the Emily song about his mom.

when reggie and alex explained it to her, her eyes flooded with tears as they continuously rolled down her cheeks. they were still coming down now while watching luke.  she wish she could hug him. all of them.  alex hates seeing people cry. when she was crying in the garage the first day he met her he felt her pain. his parents didn't accept his sexuality. he felt alone. just like she did.

"so emily's his mom?" julie asked as the three nodded. "all he does is just hang out like this and watch them." reggie said. "wow" she said wiping tears off her cheeks. "they never really do anything though" reggie said  he watched as his parents placed a chocolate cake on the table. luke looked like her was in more pain as he looked at the cake.

"their having cake? that's something " julie said shrugging her shoulders.  "julie it's a birthday cake" Alex said looking at her sister. "for luke" reggie finished as julie's face dropped. "i never knew luke was hurting this much." julie reasoned.  "it's worse because when he died they left on bad terms" alex said as his eyes watched luke with red eyes probably from crying.

"you know his parents didn't want a 17 year old in a band" Alex said "he just left" he said as Luke got off the counter.  His dad lit a candle and Luke blew it out. He watched as his dad lit the candle again. "That's why luke was so angry if Trevor had given luke credit for writing all the songs then his parents would have known his dream was worth chasing"  "they would have been so proud" julie said and luke blew the candle out with his parents.

he stared at the candle for a bit as he watched the smoke float away.  "we all know how bad it feels whenever someone who should've had you back completely let's you down. Melanie included " Alex said looking in a daze as he remembered what happened earlier. She felt so bad for him  "we never meant to make you feel that way." alex said as julie looked at him with teary eyes. "julie we love our band. Luke does too" reggie said "please give us another chance."