4-Snake Heart

So um update I think Mackenzie is reading this 10PM EST... So like imma try to get to a decent part before then... wish me luck (Not me banging out chapters meanwhile I still haven't done a math packet that was given at the end of last year)

          Gertrude and Hermione were getting ready for the yule ball in the bathroom in the dungeon, where Gertrude had saved her from the troll. No it wasn't Harry and Ron, they felt weird going in the girls bathroom, even though Hermione's life was in danger. "Tonight is gonna be great Gertrude! I'm so excited that we both have dates!" Hermione exclaimed. Hermione put on a pink dress, and Gertrude put on a green dress. To tell the truth, Gertrude wasn't so sure about her date, she never really knew him before a few days ago, but he seemed nice. 

     Hermione and Gertrude exited the bathroom and met Ron and Harry near the kitchen. 

     "Wow guys you both look great" said Harry sweetly. Meanwhile Ron kind of stared awkwardly at Hermione (I know a lot of people don't like Ron and Hermione, but just for this story's sake I'm just gonna go with what's cannon). The gang slowly made their way to the ball while Gertrude and Hermione whispered about Ron's dress robes. Gertrude and Hermione planned to meet their dates so they waited while Ron and Harry greeted the twins. 

     Victor arrived and politely kissed Hermione's hand, they chatted for a bit, until Victor tried to take Hermione to the dance floor. "Just wait a bit, I just want to stay a bit until Gertrude's date gets here,"Hermione says politely.

     This made Gertrude smile until she suddenly saw the Gryffindor walk in... with another date. He walked over to Gertrude and awkwardly smiled. "So listen... about tonight..." he started.

     "No I should have known,"Gertrude said solemnly.

     Suddenly Hermione pulled her wand out,"You really think you could do that to my friend and get away with it? She may be sweet but I'm not," Hermione said angrily.

     "I- Malfoy made me do it!" he said before running off.

     "When I see Malfoy I will-" Hermione started.

     "Mione, enjoy your night, don't let me spoil it," Gertrude said holding back how humiliated she was, "I'm fine really". Hermione tried to object, however Victor took this as a cue to pull Hermione to the dance floor.

     Gertrude exited the Great Hall Solemnly and soon came face to face with Draco. "You know, I know your mean but I didn't know you had the heart of a snake. Getting someone to ask me out as a joke is disgusting, I hope you burn in hell," Gertrude said with a newfound fire. 

     "Gertrude wait!" Malfoy yelled, but it was too late she was already storming down the hall.