6-Confronting Feelings

Gertrude hid to the Room of No Requirement, with tears streaming on her face. The part that hurt the most was that someone was benefiting off her pain. She didn't know how she'd face classes on monday. Suddenly the door opened and a figure slinked in.

     Gertrude instinctively took her wand out and faced the door. In walked Malfoy with his hands in his pockets, "What are you doing here?".

     "Looking for you, Harry told me you'd be here" Malfoy said awkwardly.

     "W-why in a million  years would he do that?" She asked suspiciously.

     "Well me and Potter have our differences but he appreciated the way I defended you and-" Malfoy tried to finish but Gertrude cut him off.

     "I don't understand why would you defend me if you're the one who set that up in the first place?" Gertrude questioned. 

    "Because..." admitting his feelings to his classmates felt like a walk in the park compared to this. Malfoy was never one to express his feelings. "Because I like you Gertrude.

     "Yeah like I'd believe that" Gertrude said annoyed.

     "Then believe this," Before she could speak Malfoy pulled Gertrude in for a kiss. She was shocked at first unaware if this was all still some scheme, but the kiss felt sincere and she ultimately gave in.

    "I- wow" Gertrude said shocked.      

     "Come on now you deserve a real Yule Ball Date" Malfoy said pulling her arm.