~:-Demons-:~

Yashiro woke up on her Tatami, being called by her mom.

"Nene!"

Standing up, she fixed her Tatami up and headed out of her room to see her mom prepping the table. "Nene-nii!", one of her siblings ran to her, their adorable little face looking right up at the girl.

"Ah! Kuro-kun.", Nene smiled as she lifted up her little brother, cuddling him in the process. "Breakfast is ready!", her mom smiled, settling down a bowl of curry. Everyone sat on the floor, expressing their gratefulness and digging down to eat.

Everyone ate happily, gobbling down every last bit of their food before returning to where they once were. Yashiro put on her scarf and her thick haori over her kimono before heading out into the cold snow, approaching the place where her father was cutting some wood to be soon turned into charcoal.

"Nene, are you sure you want to sell the charcoal to the nearby village? It's cold and it can be dangerous.", her father looked right at her with a serious expression. "Don't worry, father! I can do this, it's what I do 3 times a week, right?", she smiled, lifting the basket over her head.

Her father sighed, "Alright, just be careful out there." Nene nodded, "I promise, dad!" "Nene-nii, hold on!", her little sister, Kira and Kuro, ran to her, "I wanna come!" "No, Kira! You're not coming with her, it's too cold and dangerous.", her mom ran back out.

"Mom!", her brother cried, "But I came last time with Nene-nii and Amane-nii!" "I know, but it's a cold weather, you don't want to become sick.", her mom patted Kira. "Kira-chan, Kira-kun, I promise I'll be back!", Yashiro smiled, kneeling down,"I'll get you anything you want after, okay?"

"Alright, bring us snacks! Please!", her brother and sister cheered smiling. "Alright! I'll go now, please behave!", Yashiro waved as the others had waved back, carrying the basket in her back.

Walking through Kamome village, she bumped into Amane. "Oh, Amane-kun! Hello!", Yashiro smiled. "Ah, hello Yashiro-san.", Amane smiled, "Let me guess, running some errands?" "Mhm!", Yashiro nodded, "Are you gonna help?"

"I can't, today.", Amane sighed, "I have to babysit Tsukasa who had gotten sick recently, but I'll help next time." "Ah, alright.", Yashiro smiled, before running off, "See you later, Amane-kun!" Amane waved back, "Have a safe trip!"

Yashiro walked down the trail through the forest. She hopped on rocks and followed the trail where it would lead her. Her eyes trailed on the frozen river, with visible fish swimming underneath. She'd always admire the fish, their beautiful scales were so lovely.

~
After two hours of travelling on foot, she has arrived at the other nearby village, Higeki Village. She looked around and smiled as she stepped foot among it, staring at the people's smiles as the kids ran back and forth with villagers having usual conversations.

"Miss Nene, you're selling charcoal again?", an elderly woman went out of her home. "Ah, yes Mrs. Nayasaki!" "I'd like to purchase charcoal, please. I barely had any since yesterday!", Nayasaki smiled.

"Ah, thank you Mrs. Nayasaki!", Yashiro smiled, approaching the elderly woman who had money in return for the charcoal. "Hope you have a wonderful day, Ma'am!", Yashiro cheered before walking back onto the trail.

"Anyone else in need of charcoal?", Yashiro yelled. "Sorry, I already have enough for the week!", one of the people said, "Although, I hope you find good customers!" Yashiro smiled and nodded, continuing her path.

She was then approached by several people, "May we purchase Charcoal, please? I've run out" "Me too!" "Same with me."

Let's just say, Yashiro had sold all the charcoal she had

~

After leaving the village, she had a basket full of money needed to sustain her family and snacks that she promised to give. It was night, and she was obviously tired from selling charcoal and walking all day.

She stumbled upon a young man, who was about to enter his home, "Hey, what are you doing out here near sunset?" "Ah, I'm heading home!", Yashiro smiled, "I had to sell some charcoal in Higeki Village."

"Shouldn't you have a place to stay? It's not safe at night.", the young man firmly replied, a serious look can be shown on his face. "Don't worry! I can go home safely, I promise!", Yashiro dismissed.

"Come on, stay here for the night. It's simply dangerous.", the man sighed. "But-" "No excuses, just get in here and I'll firmly explain why.", the man had replied, again. His face appeared to be more serious than before.

She was now in the man's home, she watched him pull out a Tatami mat as she ate. "Say, sir. What's your name?", she asked him. "The name's Kuroo.", he replied. "Can you explain why the night's so dangerous, Kuroo?", she asked him another question.

"Well, there has always been a man eating creature barely anybody knows about.", Kuroo explained, "They always wander around at night, and are very dangerous and aggressive." "Oh... I see.", she nodded slightly.

After finishing her food, he told her to go to sleep before shutting the lights. Laying down, she closed her eyes as she thought to herself, "I feel bad for him, he must feel lonely. I should probably visit sometime."

"Demons aren't real, after all."

~
Walking back to her home village on the trail with her wooden basket, she started to smell a faint scent of iron, similar to blood.

'Wait, blood!?'

Yashiro ended up running, her breath getting heavier as the smell of blood grew stronger and stronger as she went closer.

She closed her eyes as she stumbled upon the entrance to the village. Opening her eyes, it had widened.

She screamed.