~:~Her Sword~:~

"I'm glad you made it and were able to kill that demon who killed the children I've trained. Rather impressive.", Yomori sat in front of the flame, facing Yashiro. "...Thank you, Yomori-sensei.", Yashiro smiled. "...I think it's time for you to know about one particular thing.", Yomori shifted her sitting position to be more comfortable

"There is many demons out there with different appearances and abilities. Blood Demon Art is a spell some demons can use to have their own abilities, supernatural powers they own.", Yomori thoroughly explained, "You may have to face some of the theme in the near future, and fighting dangerous creatures with supernatural powers can be highly difficult."

Yashiro nearly gasped, her eyes widening, "Supernatural powers...?" "I know how shocking this is. But since you got out of there safely, I'm sure you'll be fine.", Yomori smiled underneath her mask. "I see...", Yashiro sighed, "Wait, so if Amane-kun is different from all the other demons, is it because of this so-called 'spell'?"

"I don't think so.", Yomori stated, "What I believe is that by sleeping, he can restore his strength." "Ah, I see...". Yashiro still seemed confused. "Well, I think you should sleep now. It's getting late, and you don't wanna wake up tired by morning.", Yomori sighed, standing up.

Yashiro nodded, now putting a determined expression on her face.

~

Yashiro was outside the door, curiously watching a supposed 'man' walking in the distance, their straw hat ringing as they stared down. They wore a feather-patterned robe with a white yukata and grey hakama pants.

"O-oh, hi there!", Yashiro stared at the man with unease, "Who are you, sir?" "I am a female.", A feminine voice echoed, "I am Okashi, and I was the one who forged the sword of Nene Yashiro." "O-oh! S-sorry Okashi-san, I am Nene Yashiro!", Yashiro apologized.

The woman went on explaining the materials of the sword, with Yashiro carefully listening in. The woman then turned to her, revealing a silly mask over her face, "Hey, are you perhaps a cheerful young woman?"

"M...Maybe...?", Yashiro gulped in nervousness. "I am quite curious on about how you look, Nene.", Okashi sincerely remarked, "Those teal tips of yours, are those natural?" Yashiro instantly nodded in reply.

"I am surprised.", Okashi said with a straight voice, "Maybe, your sword will turn intoa teal color. I can't wait to see the happen." "I-is that so...", Yashiro gulped, Okashi was strange, something that made her feel unease.

~
Once inside, they were sitting on the floor as Yashiro held her sword. The woman appeared to be waving her arms as if she was waving a leaf-fan for someone special. "Alright, Nene.", Yomori spoke, "Now draw your sword. Just to let you know, Nichirin Swords are also known as 'Color Changing Swords', which change color depend on the bearer."

"...Alright.", Yashiro nodded, staring down at her sword. First looking at the handle, it appeared white with teal diamonds on the inside, with a handguard that is shaped into a teal-pink fish. Holding on the scabbard, she pulled it off and pointed it up.

Looking up and down, she noticed it started to turn black at the bottom, before halfway it had faded into a darker teal color with a lighter teal on the sharper edge of the blade. Yashiro was surprised by this, looking at her blade in shock.

She started at Okashi and Yomori, who looked baffled at the view, "...What does this mean?" "That's a strange sword color, I've seen nothing like it.", Yomori said shockingly. "B-black a-and t-teal...", Okashi bent over and started shaking.

"I-is it bad?!", Yashiro started to freak out. "No, no.", Yomori reassured her, "It's just... a weird color combination." "This is amazing!", Okashi broke, shaking Yashiro around, causing her to screech, "Teal! Despite the black, it's amazing! Teal!" "Uwaaaaaah?!", Yashiro squeaked.

Then, a chirping of a bird can be heard as a raven landed on the floor, "Nene Yashiro! You have orders!" Yashiro turned to the bird, "It talks...?" "Head to a town on the Northwest!", the bird shouted, "Young girls have been vanishing in that town without an exact trace! Hunt down the demon, and prepare yourself for the mission!"

"What, you're sending me, a young girl, to a place like that?!", Yashiro shouted, waving her arms, "Don't they have some sense?! I can vanish as well!" "Orders are orders!", the raven shrieked, "You are heading there, get ready!"

~
Yashiro put on her white-teal scale haori along with her uniform that had a skirt. She wore white to teal knee-length socks with a pair of Zori slippers with teal straps. She adjusted her hairclips, and put her up into a ponytail with a braid around it.

She now sat on the floor, listening into Yomori's speech to her before she went. "Before you go, I have to tell you something about your sword.", Yomori spoke, "Black swords, which is apart of... yours, is very rare unlike the past first few days of Demon Slaying."

Yashiro nodded, "...Alright." "It was very little known, but it is said that people with black swords don't go far.", Yomori stated, "That is what people believe. " "...I see." "Oh, and here, take this.", Yomori pulled out a wooden box from her side, "It's a box that Amane can go in to be protected in the daylight."

"Ah, thank you Yomori-sensei!", Yashiro bowed. Taking the box, she walked over to Amane, "Hey, Amane-kun, go in here." Amane just groaned and huffed, wiggling out of the blanket he was under, before fitting himself into the box. She took the paper boat and placed it inside, "Don't worry, Amane-kun. We'll be just fine, because we're together, right?"

She recieved another groan in response, making her smile as she just closed the box, now lifting it onto her back. Before fully leaving, Yomori told her to wait, fixing the neck of her uniform. Yomori then nodded, as Yashiro nodded as well. Yomori patted her shoulders and watched as Yashiro walked away, but before she could fully leave, Yashiro turned to wave a final goodbye as Yomori waved back.

She sighed, now knowing this is her first mission to go on.

~