~:~Three Years of Training in a Journal~:~

Before you read, take this as a reminder:

Italic without quotation marks = Journal writing.

~

At noon, Yashiro can be seen writing in a journal.

"Hey, let's go now.", Yomori said, turning towards the teal-tipped girl, "We need to train." "Hai!", Yashiro yelped, now can be seen closing a sliding door.

~

"The Demon Slayer Corps only numbered by 100s, it is an organization entirely unrecognized by the government. They have been slaying Demons ever since ancient times. Although, the leader has remained unknown, forever a mystery."

"And then, there are demons. Man-eating creatures that have existed for a long time without a known origin. They hunt down human beings with their strange abilities like shapeshifting. They heal instantly within seconds, their wounds healing without any trouble. They can only be killed by sunlight and a sword made out of special material."

"Despite humans being unable to have these special types of abilities of healing and powers, they continue to fight to save clueless people all over the world, no matter the cause. Even if they have to spare a limb or their own life."

A shiver was sent down her spine.

"Let's go now, we don't need to wait any longer.", Yomori stated. "O-okay!", Yashiro nodded. They then ran down the mountain until the very bottom. Her panting covered her ears as she ran, following Yomori.

~

"You know how I am a trainer. Trainers train people to get used to different things. I train future swordsman and swordswomen. There are also different trainers, using their own techniques and methods to train future slayers like you.", Yomori stated, looking down into the girls eyes through her mask, "To join the Demon Slayer Corps, you have to survive the Final Selection. Therefore, if you are not properly trained, you will die there, used as demon food."

From this day on, I'll be keeping a journal to record my progress, and for Amane-kun to read when I finally wake up. I will be going down the mountain again. My goal is to train hard to survive through the final selection and join the Corps.

Yashiro looked to her right to see a wooden log swing near her. Panicking, she ducked under the the log before seeing a rope pop up out of nowhere, now hopping over it.

It's been repeating day after day, and I'm starting to get better at avoiding the traps. I guess I am getting much better and stronger now, with a bit of confidence added. I'm also improving my sense of smell, which is great, but...

As she ran down the mountain, she spot few shiny several objects coming at her, before moving to the left with a horrified face as several knife had landed and pierced into the tree where there would've been a tragedy if she hadn't move, now nearly falling into a whole in the ground filled with knives themselves.

...It's getting kind of difficult. I am now wondering if Yomori-sensei is trying to kill me.

~

This time, I had to carry a sword down the mountain with me. But due to it's weight on my arm, it made my movement a bit slower, making me get caught in traps more frequently...

Running down, gripping the sword, Yashiro took steady breaths before tripping over a rock, landing forward before being pulled up by the ankle by a rope as she screamed. Now waving her arms and whining as Yomori stared up at her.

Somehow, I keep getting trapped thanks to it... I am not used to running with a heavy object in my hands, but I think I'll get used to it someday...