~:~Final Selection: Part 2~:~

"Nii-san!"

Lunging up from her position, she dodged the arm that was about to crush her. "Wha?! How did she dodge that so quickly?!", the handed demon thought to itself. Watching as the demon sent more hands at her, she instantly sliced through them all, taking steady breaths each time.

As several more hands attacked, she jumped backward before going towards her left, dodging what could've crushed her. She sliced the arms one by one, trying to be careful not to get hit. She then ran, watching as more arms grew from him and chased her from behind.

"Damn it, his arms keep on growing every time I cut it!", Yashiro stared behind her. "Slicing at my arms won't kill me!", the demon laughed, "That raven-haired piece of shit can't even kill me! His blade broke into two when he tried to cut my head off!"

She resisted the attempted to drag her back into a bloody rage, as she slides across the ground, she sliced an arm, "I can't let him continue to thrive! More lives will be lost and are still in need of justice!"

Slicing through the arms, she suddenly felt a vibration coming from the ground, as a demon's scent grew... Stronger?! From her feet, she forced herself high off the ground to see the demon's own hands come out from underneath her.

"How the hell did she know where I was attacking?!", the demon thought to itself, looking at her in shock and disbelief, "Damn brat, but can she even survive and dodge an attack midair?" The demon then released a hand right at her.

Using the bottom of her leg and ankle, she kicked the hand very hard, causing it to move down, deflecting it. She then hopped on the arm and ran down as fast as she could. The demon then grew several smaller arms out of his own, only for it to be sliced away from the force of her sword.

"Fish breathing..."

"I'll just stand by, and crush her when she fails to cut my neck!", the demon looked at the girl with confidence, preparing his plan. Turning her sword, she swipes at full force upon the predicted neck of the demon, "Seventh Form: Rotating Fish..."

The demon's head rolled farther away from its body, now landing and watching as its body turns to dust. "Damn it! Damn, damn, damn it!", the demon mentally yelled, "Impossible!" Yashiro walked forward, putting her sword back into the scabbard.

"I never knew I'd be defeated by Yomori's stupid brat!", the demon mentally yelled, before being stared upon by her ruby eyes filled with empathy. She then smelled a sad scent coming from the demon, filled with emptiness and despair.

Reaching out her hand, she held onto it tightly and prayed among the demon, "Dear Lord, please spare this person from the next life of a demon's, and give him a happier life wherever he could be..."

The demon in response clenched its hand as well, only crying as it faded away. When it fully faded, she wished she knew the true past of it, but she knew she couldn't ask, and not even let emotions get over her as she is in the Final Selection.

"Satou-kun, Yokoo-kun, and everyone else that had been brutally slaughtered by the demon...", Yashiro looked down, "I hope you're free now, you can finally rest in eternal peace and slumber..."

Feeling nights and days go by, she was now running in the forest away from the demon. She watched as the demon was caught in wood and vines. Staring at the demon, she asked, "I know this may sound silly but... How do you turn someone back into a human!?"

The demon only let out a hiss before breaking free, causing her to slice off the demon's neck and watch as it faded into dust. Running so quickly, she came upon several demons, "Please, just tell me, how can I turn someone back to human?!"
~
Continuously running, she stopped at a purple-lighted area to take a breath. She then looked up to see the wisteria flowers, glowing so brightly as she took a fresh breath, again and again, enjoying the flower's beauty.

She breathed in, smiling, "...I made it."

~
Now standing at the same place where it all had started, barely anyone was there except five people including her. Looking around, she knew the boy she had saved did not survive, as there were less people than before.

Turning around, she saw the same pink-haired boy, looking down terrified from what had just happened, "H-how did a w-weak person l-like me s-survive..." "Welcome back!", was from the same two girls from earlier.

Looking up, she saw the same two girls from earlier, smiling at them, "Congratulations." "So, are the swords ready?", a brown-haired male asked rudely, staring at them with impatience. "Be patient, we'll first have to issue you your uniforms", one responded.

"We'll take your measurements, and your ranks will be engraved.", the black-haired one stated. "There are 10 demon slayer ranks in the corps.", the white-haired one said.

"Kinoe"

"Kinoto"

"Hinoe"

"Hinoto"

"Tsuchinoe"

"Tsuchinoto"

"Kanoe"

"Kanoto"

"Mizunoe"

"And last, Mizunoto"

"Currently, you all are at the rank 'Mizunoto'", one stated. "And our swords?", the brown-haired one said. "We will let you choose your ores for your swords, but it will take up to fifteen days to fully complete the making process.", the other said.

"But, before that...", one clapped her hands, calling over crows to land on their shoulders, "You will have your own Kasugai Crow, which are used for communication." "Crows? But isn't this a sparrow?", the pink-haired boy stared at them, dumbfounded before squealing when the one with brown hair sweeped his own away.

"I don't need this shitty crow!", he yelled, stomping forward before grabbing one of the girl's hair, "I want a sword, right now! The color changing sword!" Yashiro then got a bit angry and annoyed, stomping up towards him and grabbed the boy's arm tightly.

"Let her go.", Yashiro stated, staring at him with angry eyes. "Hah!? And what are you going to do about it?", he stared at her. "What the!? We should stop them!", the pink-haired boy freaked, shaking the hell out of the brown-haired girl and the blonde.

Yashiro just stared at him, before she kicked his leg and kneed him in the stomach, leaving him on the ground rolling around. She then apologized for his behavior to the girl with white hair and fixed it.

"W-wha?!", the pink-haired boy freaked when he heard a bone break, "S-she broke his r-ribs! Did y-you even s-see that!" The blonde boy and the brunette girl looked like they had enough, as the girl with purple hair just watched with a relaxed face, holding the crow calmly.

"Are you done messing around?", the other 'girl' asked, causing them to turn and stare right at her. She then pulled back the cloth to reveal ore, "Please select an ore. These are steel that are enough to protect you."

"I've never seen an ore before...", Yashiro stared, bewildered, "But how are we supposed to choose...?" Sighing, she sniffed and picked the one that appealed to her the most than the others.

~

Walking home, she had to use a big long stick to help her stand, as walking home the whole entire time was tiring for her, "...I'm so stupid." Yashiro panted at every step she made, "I'm so naive, I can't even get any answer from them..."

{Several hours later}

It is now night, as she approached Yomori's house, "... Amane...-kun, Yo...mo...ori..." She then noticed the door be kicked open by a familiar foot, causing her to stare in shock. "Ama...ne-kun?", Yashiro mumbled, "Wait... Amane-kun! Y-you're awake?!"

Staring forward, she dropped the stick and ran forward with tears in her eyes, only to fall down due to exhaustion. Amane leaped forward toward her, bringing her into a tight, and warm hug of her own friend.

She wrapped her arms around him, crying out loud, "Why...? Why were you asleep for the whole the years?! I thought I lost you!"  Yomori left the home to see the two crying, making Yomori drop everything she held and walked towards them, bring them into a warm embrace as well.

"I'm glad you made it, Yashiro.", Yomori said sternly.

~