~:~Cutting it Into Two~:~

Italic without quotation marks = Journal Writing

~~

Yashiro gulped, holding her sword in both of her hands. Slowly raising it, she struck into the boulder only to be met with continuous shaking, clear vibrations entering her body as she went, "Tu-huh-huh-eh-eh!"

Stumbling back, she just stared at the sword, before taking a deep breath.

~
Every day, I practiced what I have learned from Yomori-sensei's training. But even after all of that of training within eight months, I am still unable to slice through the boulder.

"I'll have to do more than that...", Yashiro sighed, falling to the ground, taking several deep breaths, "I'm not... {pant} giving up!"

~

Tired, she kept trying to slice through the boulder despite her failure, "...If I give up, I won't be able to save Amane-kun!" She felt like she was going to give up, but she didn't want to. "You can do this, Nene!", Yashiro said to herself, holding back her tears as she hit her head onto the boulder.

"Hey, stop that.", she heard a male's voice, now looking up at the figure that was looking down on her. Looking up, there was a masked male with dark brown hair, wearing a white haori wih a blue yukata and hakama pants, with white socks and japanese sandals.

"Whining and yelling is not going to help.", the male said in a stern tone. "Who is he? I don't smell any scent from him either...", Yashiro was looking up right at him. "If you want to become a Demon Slayer, bare with your suffering in silence and keep it in your brain.", the male said sternly.

The boy then hopped into the air, raising his wooden sword down onto her. Yashiro uses her sword to block it only to be shoved down by his knee, rolling her away until she landed back onto her feet, now crouching on the same level with him from a distance.

"You act so much like a child, not how a Demon Slayer acts.", he stated, "They act mature, with a fast pace and put in all their strength." "W-what are you doing?!", Yashiro yelped, "And, who are you?!"

"I'm trying to figure out what you're doing", the boy said, "And my identity is not much rather important." "Huh?", Yashiro gulped, "I-i'm training! Isn't that what you see?!" "That doesn't seem like training", the male said sternly, "Get off your ass and form a fighting stance."

She instantly got up, facing her sword in front of her, still confused. "Now, give me the best you can.", the male prompted her with a hand gesture. "B-but you'll get hurt!", Yashiro said worriedly. The male started started shaking his head and started laughing.

"My safety is not important here, miss.", the male laughed from other his mask, "You don't even have the ability to fight me anyways!" He then launched at her with his wooden sword. Quickly, she protected herself from him, blocking them with her own.

"I am far more powerful than you! There's no need to address your concern!", he said, shouting, "I cut through my own boulder, but you haven't cut through yours either!" She now knew it was possible.

In a split second, he was now gone from her view. Turning around, she spot the male coming from above. Holding up her sword, she blocked his attacks, but he started to stop attacking and dash all over the place.

{T H U D}

Yashiro was on the ground, holding her stomach as she coughed. "You truly haven't learned anything from what Yomori had taught you, huh?", the male stared down at her. "How does he...", Yashiro turned her head, confused.

"All you've done is memorize your training, but your body is still confused.", the male pointed out, "What have you done for the past year and 7 months!?"  He then dashed at her, both now clashing their swords, "Keep repeating until you memorize it with your own flesh, and not just your damn mind!"