Chapter 15: The Date

Sky, Shantae, and Uncle Mimic were in the workshop. Sky was annoyed by what Rottytops had done earlier.

"Ugh," said Sky with an annoyed expression. "Why would Rottytops do something like that? She didn't even ask if you..."

Shantae squealed happily while bouncing up and down with excitement. "EEEEEEE," she squealed. "I GET TO GO ON A DATE WITH MIDORIYA!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!"

"Wait, you're not mad?" Asked Sky. "But, Rottytops set the date up without asking you in advance!"

"Hey," said Shantae cheerfully. "I was gonna ask Midoriya on a date anyway. I just wasn't sure when to ask."

Uncle Mimic laughed at how happy Shantae was. "Well, I suppose we should help you get ready for tonight."

Sky then smiled. "Come on, Shantae. Let's find an outfit that will make Midoriya faint on sight!"

Shantae nodded with a huge grin. They began to go through some lovely dresses that Sky owned. Meanwhile, Uncle Mimic was beaming at the sight of his niece so happy.

My, my, he thought. I've never seen Shantae so happy. I hope Midoriya treats her well. He's a nice young lad!

*****

Meanwhile, Rottytops was waiting to see Midoriya's suit for his date. Ever since she had the date set up, she was excited to see how it would go. Unfortunately, the first set of outfits were not exactly proper for a date.

The first outfit was a green open shirt with blue shorts that were slightly torn and a pair of old sandals.

"Um... I feel ridiculous," muttered Midoriya with an embarrassed blush.

Rottytops shook her head. "Yeah, you look like someone who was raised in the streets," she agreed.

The second one was a blue vest with a green long-sleeved shirt, blue pants, and red strap-on sandals.

"I think it's a little better," said Midoriya.

"Yes," said Rottytops. "But, I think it's too casual. You need something more... formal."

The third outfit was a green shirt, green shorts, and red sandals.

"Way too green," said Rottytops. "Needs a little more color!"

But before Midoriya could try another outfit on, Bolo came in.

"Hey, guys," he said. "What are you doing?"

"We're trying to find an outfit for Midoriya to wear for his date with Shantae," answered Rottytops. "No luck so far."

Bolo stared in shock. Then he smiled and walked towards an outfit. Wordlessly, he tossed it to Midoriya and pushed him into the changing room.

Rottytops stared in awe. "Bolo, what did you do?"

Bolo simply answered, "You'll see."

Before Rottytops could ask further, Midoriya stepped in wearing a green tux with a red bowtie, a pair of black shoes, and a pair of black pants. Rottytops grinned widely at the sight.

"Wow! Looking good!" Said Rottytops cheerfully.

"Um... thank you," said Midoriya shyly.

"Shantae is gonna be very happy," said Rottytops. "Bolo, how did you...?"

"I was waiting for a date between Midoriya and Shantae," answered Bolo. "I had my eyes on this outfit and thought it would look good on him."

Rottytops smiled happily. "Awe! That's so kind of you, Bolo!" She said before kissing his cheek. "Thank you!"