13

"Why are they chasing me?" I was now in a room with Corvin who was at the large window, watching and assessing what's in the outside. I guess I was right that the wolves are still chasing me even in the abode of the immortals. Corvin look at me for seconds then return his eyes to the window.

"They want something from you. Something you've missed long years ago but I guess you can't remember anything about it." He answered. Something I've missed long years ago? That's a long period of time. I'm only twenty-six this year and if its a thing, is it the poniard that the mustache man asked me when I and Nyle was in their lair?

"Is it a poniard?"

"Kind of, but we call it the devil's dagger. It was an heirloom from your great grandparents that only you can have it." He explained.

"What's in it? Why do they want it?"

"That dagger can end their pack, their existence, Ivana. If you have it and if they plan to attack us again, we can win the battle, that is why they wanted to get rid of it." If its the dagger that Miss Amylie told me so at the library, then why is she hasn't been chase?

"I don't have it and I never want to have it. I just want a normal life with normal people around me." I sound desperate and maybe he got insulted about it. But its true, I don't want to stay them; peculiar species, immortals, vampires or whatever they call themselves.

"Its your destiny, Ivana." Fuck that destiny. I want to say it to him but I feel hesitant for I know it sounds rude.

"I think you just mistook me to someone, Corvin. I'm not the Ivana that you know. I never saw you before nor be in this place. I am a human, a mortal. A normal being who wants a normal life. I had a family that's waiting for me."

"I understand." He simply replied as if he wants me to go home and be with my family again.

"But you can't change your destiny, Ivana. I know you cant remember anything from the past but time will come that you will accept it again." He added. I never stop myself from rolling my eyes and raising my eyebrows, and I don't if he saw it. I'm very desperate to go home, my family needs me.

"I can change my destiny, Corvin. I can't remember anything and I have to stay that way." He suddenly look at me with serious glare. I was sitting in a king size bed, few meters away from him. I saw pain and destruction in his eyes.

"You don't love me anymore, do you? I've waited you for so long, Ivana."

"I'm not your queen. I am not the Ivana you loved, Corvin." I hate drama's like this. I know to myself that I was attracted to him and was happy when he said I'm his girlfriend but that was when I still don't know their race. I watch and read vampires and immortals stories but I never imagine nor desire myself to be part of it. Immortals are immortals.

They can live forever while mortals are subject to death and I consider myself as human, a mortal being. I had no fangs, no weird body temperature, no pale skin and no strength and power like them.
I can't even stand alone and make myself safe and away from those wolves who are after me, so why should I be called as one of them.

"You forgotten me. You choose to forgot us, your true family, Ivana."

"Whatever you all told me, it will never change my decision. I stay here not because I accept what you've told me but beacause you should take responsibilty for me as the director of the academy. We're family inside the academy but here, we're strangers." I never intend to be like this and treat him like we never meet and spend the night together but I have to. I need this choice. I need them to see me as me not as their queen who left from their lives for I don't know whats the reason.

There are a lot of things that gives them the chance to believe that I'm their queen. First, I resemble to her, their queen, physically. Second, our names are the same. Third, they're all saying that the devil's dagger belongs to me because it chooses me which is weird. How do they know? Does it speak? Lastly, the wolves which is their enemy are chasing me maybe because of that stupid thing whom I don't even know if I got it from my family.

Oh I forgot, there is still Corvin. He believes that I'm his queen. I'm sure I have no amnesia or any disorder, illness or whatsoever that will loss all of my memories from the past.

"Your highness?" I heard Jen's voice in the room. She's standing at the door alone.

"The old guards and death dealers are here, your highness. We need your presence at the hall." She added. Corvin walk towards the door but stop when I never get up from my seat. He look at me again with those alluring eyes.

"You have to come with us, Ivana."

"I stay here. I am tired." I saw disappointments in their eyes. They went out from the room without me. I want to be alone. I guess I'm safe in this room even if the wolves are still outside the castles boundary. This is Corvin's room and yeah, its still covered with many paintings, mostly are abstracts.

But one painting caught my eyes, it was Corvin with me---I mean with his queen. They're standing at the hall with coblet glass on their hands looking both exquisitely beautiful. No doubt, they will really mistook me as her. She look gorgeous wearing a long dress worn for formal occassions. Its close-fitting bodice with flowing skirt look amazing on her, and if I was her on the moment this painting was taken, I would definitely feel proud for both of our parents for having a good quality genes. They made a perfect match, a lovely couple.

After my admiration to the paintings hanged on this room, I decided to wrap myself with the soft blanket on the bed and close my eyes. I have no idea what kind of days would I be spending with Corvin and his people in this castle and when I can went home again?